SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   How To Delete Saved Games (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=200897)

MightyEl 12-25-12 09:29 AM

How To Delete Saved Games

-How do I delete saved games from the "in game" list?
-I have a lot of saved games and it takes a long time to syncronize saved games when starting up.
Thanks, Jim

Trevally. 12-25-12 09:47 AM

When you are in the save game screen, there is also a delete option:up:

limkol 12-25-12 10:26 AM

Will this speed up the loading time? I never thought about deleting saved games. How many is it safe to delete without affecting the current campaign or mission?

Fifi 12-25-12 02:30 PM

You can delete all of them safely.
When done, save your current one at least once, in case.
Because if you exit game for whatever reason, you'll loose your career! :yep:

limkol 12-26-12 06:26 AM

Thanks for reply. Do you know if it makes loading times faster?

Fifi 12-26-12 07:46 AM

Loading times are more related to your mods list imo.
Never noticed any increase because of no saves...

Dogfish40 12-26-12 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by limkol (Post 1983264)
Thanks for reply. Do you know if it makes loading times faster?

Hi limkol
Right off the bat, yes. The less saved games you have in your startup screen the faster the game will load. I will always delete all the middle saves from a older patrol, keeping only the first and last saves. Even then, after you get well into a campaign, you are going to have quite a few. Try it yourself. Load up the game, time it, then delete all those middle saves (including the auto saves) and time it again.
I didn't ever have to though, you can tell most of the time that it is faster than if you kept all of those saves. :up:

PS; If your playing with U-Play at all, you want to delete those saves from the 'Game Save' screen, because deleting the games from the folder in My Docs will just make U-Play reload all of those saved games again into your computer.

MightyEl 12-26-12 01:13 PM

Hello Trevally:
-Thanks for the fast response. I had been away from the game for a while and forgotten where to find the delete button!
Hello limkol:
-I have a fast machine and internet connection & play thru Uplay and had about 100 saved games. After initial loading I was getting a dialog box saying "Please wait while saved games are synced from he server". This would take 10 minutes.
-After deleting all but my most recent games the time is less than 5 seconds.
-With the "silentotto" thing allowing access to the starts of all campaigns there's really no reasons for me to save old games.
Best, Jim

limkol 12-27-12 05:30 AM

Thanks for all your answers, guys.:up:

Fish In The Water 12-27-12 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyEl (Post 1983466)
-I have a fast machine and internet connection & play thru Uplay and had about 100 saved games. After initial loading I was getting a dialog box saying "Please wait while saved games are synced from he server". This would take 10 minutes.

Go Uplay! :D