SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Key '9/11 plotter' due in court (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=194954)

Jimbuna 05-05-12 06:53 AM

Key '9/11 plotter' due in court

Looks like the process will soon begin and depending on the outcome a lot of people may eventually get some closure.

Quote:

Khalid Sheikh Mohammed and four other men accused of plotting the 9/11 attacks are to be charged by a military tribunal at Guantanamo Bay.

Jim Harrington, the civilian lawyer for Ramzi Binalshibh, told Associated Press that although his client had previously said he was "proud" of his role in the attacks he had "no intention of pleading guilty".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-17966362

BossMark 05-05-12 09:44 AM

Theres only one sentence that these scum deserve...............

Osmium Steele 05-05-12 03:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossMark (Post 1879949)

Death by skyscraper collapse...

Platapus 05-05-12 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossMark (Post 1879949)

Having been duly convicted by a nation of laws, the only sentence they deserve is to stay at some prison for the rest of their lives. Leavenworth has some nice isolated cells in the basements. No interviews, no statements, no followers, no martyrdom, no press coverage. We need to pull a Noriega on these guys, but in this case for life.

They need to be forgotten like the blot on humanity they are. We need to demonstrate that they are nothing to fear.

Egan 05-05-12 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Platapus (Post 1880079)
Having been duly convicted by a nation of laws, the only sentence they deserve is to stay at some prison for the rest of their lives. Leavenworth has some nice isolated cells in the basements. No interviews, no statements, no followers, no martyrdom, no press coverage. We need to pull a Noriega on these guys, but in this case for life.

They need to be forgotten like the blot on humanity they are. We need to demonstrate that they are nothing to fear.

I agree. They must be treated like common criminals rather than allow them to become 'martyrs' in the eyes of other criminals. Send them down and let them rot.

Osmium Steele 05-05-12 08:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egan (Post 1880081)
I agree. They must be treated like common criminals rather than allow them to become 'martyrs' in the eyes of other criminals. Send them down and let them rot.

But they wouldn't rot. They'd get 2 hots and a cot, 30 minutes of exercise per day, the best medical care the government system can provide, guaranteed visits from the International Red Cross, and continued access to legal counsel constantly working for their release.

Remember, we're "the good guys" (tm). They'd be treated way better than they "deserve".

I'm not a big eye for an eye fan; however, they deserve the same fate as the wicked witch of the east, only with a much bigger house.

BossMark 05-06-12 01:37 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Egan (Post 1880081)

Keeping filth like this alive is just a waste of the tax payers money.

Tribesman 05-06-12 01:46 AM

Quote:

:yep:

Reece 05-06-12 01:48 AM

Well since he's an 'animal' send to the vet and have him put down!:yep:

Catfish 05-06-12 05:18 AM

Quote:

[...] We need to pull a Noriega on these guys, but in this case for life.

While i think it right to give them no martyr status by locking them away i really hope you did not mean that Noriega thingie earnest ? :shifty:

kraznyi_oktjabr 05-06-12 07:20 AM

Problematic situation. Its hard to decide what would be good way to treat them if court finds them guilty.

Killing them would be both good and bad thing. In other hand it would be appropriate for their crime but in other hand it would make them 'martyrs' which is a bad thing.

Locking them into their own isolation cell for rest of their lives would deny 'martyr' status but it would be gross wasting of tax payers money.

Good that somebody else has to make the call.

Platapus 05-06-12 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 1880220)
While i think it right to give them no martyr status by locking them away i really hope you did not mean that Noriega thingie earnest ? :shifty:

My reference to Noriega was a reference to how he served his sentence in US prison -- no interviews, no press. I think most Americans forgot he was even there. That's the only comparison I meant. These scum need to be forgotten. Their acts won't be forgotten.

Platapus 05-06-12 11:07 AM

As a "waste of taxpayer money" this would rank pretty far down on the list.

Jimbuna 05-06-12 11:09 AM

I'm honestly thinking the only penalty if convicted can be death...otherwise evry hostage in the future will be used as a means of trying to garner their release.

It was good enough for Bin Liner it should be good enough for them.

Platapus 05-06-12 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osmium Steele (Post 1880146)
guaranteed visits from the International Red Cross,

Why would they have visits from the IRC? They are not prisoners of war, but criminals. The IRC does not visit other criminals even foreign nationals we have in prison.