SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   New Hydro RPM table for GWX3 - finished! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=186854)

Canovaro 08-18-11 03:27 PM

New Hydro RPM table for GWX3 - finished!

Ahoy everybody,

I want to let you know that I finished working on a new Hydro RPM table for GWX3.

With this table you can calculate target speed by listening to the engine sounds on the hydrophone.

In the past Greyrider made a table for Stock SH3, and Raduz made one for GWX 1. Since then all the ships and sounds have been changed so their tables are useless for GWX 3.

Download via my OS website. Use the link in my signature.

Enjoy.

_____
edit: All GWX3 merchant ships are included EXCEPT ships below 1000 tons. I thought it wasn't worth the effort to chart all those fishing boats / sloops etc.

Fish In The Water 08-18-11 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canovaro (Post 1730952)
I want to let you know that I finished working on a new Hydro RPM table for GWX3.

Very nice, thanks for the effort! :up:

Fubar2Niner 08-18-11 04:45 PM

@Canovaro

Top stuff shipmate, thanks very much :up: One question, however, will sound mods affect this? I use Thomsen's wonderful soundpack here.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

sublynx 08-19-11 12:56 AM

There are no words that can express the amount of thanks I would like to convey here. Making this chart must have taken a LOT of effort. Absolutely great :woot:

Now I have to reinstall the original GWX sounds - I was using Raduz's sound mod for GWX 1.0 - but it will be well worth the trouble. :up:

And I do hope that the chart would be made available in the Downloads section for easy access.

flakmonkey 08-19-11 02:46 AM

Sir you are a superstar :salute:

Osmium Steele 08-19-11 07:10 AM

Fantastic effort! Thank you!

SubConscious 08-19-11 07:55 AM

Thank you very much! :up:

Canovaro 08-19-11 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner (Post 1731020)
@Canovaro

Top stuff shipmate, thanks very much :up: One question, however, will sound mods affect this? I use Thomsen's wonderful soundpack here.

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Well if the mod changes the sounds of the ships on the hydrophone, the table may turn out to be incorrect for your install. You may want to look at the mod's documentation to find out what it changes.

Fubar2Niner 08-19-11 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Canovaro (Post 1731515)
Well if the mod changes the sounds of the ships on the hydrophone, the table may turn out to be incorrect for your install. You may want to look at the mod's documentation to find out what it changes.

Thanks for the swift reply shipmate :salute:

Best regards.

Fubar2Niner

Hawk_v3 05-18-12 05:05 AM

Well, this is probably one hell of a necropost for a first post, and I apologise.

Does anyone have the PDF for this chart?

Link's dead, and I can't find it in the downloads, which is a great pity as I've always wanted to try out this method of hunting, and I love this mod, though I've still not learnt how to deal with convoys. ._.

andwii 05-18-12 06:40 AM

check the downloads area of the forums, not sure if its there but its worth a shot.

Hawk_v3 05-18-12 09:01 AM

There's a Hydro RPM for GWX 1 and SHIII base, but none for GWX 3. Aside from this topic, which has a dead link.

Djouloff 05-18-12 09:18 AM

Veruy nice

Canovaro 05-18-12 01:17 PM

Hello guys,

I just noticed the domain where OS is hosted is offline.
So I changed the link in the top post to my other host server.

Enjoy!

Hawk_v3 05-18-12 01:17 PM

Thank you! :DL