SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   That warm fuzzy feeling.... so gone. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=173251)

Los 08-06-10 04:33 AM

That warm fuzzy feeling.... so gone.

Fired up SH5 this morning to start the first of what I was hoping to be one of many real time patrols.

"You need an internet connection to play Sh5"

Really..... I have broadband cable. Apparently Ubi.com... andf the game servers are all on vacation. The only thing I can find is the Ubi Forums online. Everything else is down.

Riiiiight. Who's brillient idea was DRM again? I think every time my game goes down.. he should be refused oxygen.

Dowly 08-06-10 04:37 AM

Here we go for the kazillionth time.

Here's an idea moderators: Start handing out brig time for everyone who doesn't make a search before posting, especially for threads like this that we got dozens if not hundreds already.

And being a whiny bitch. :DL

Drewcifer 08-06-10 04:38 AM

Yep, Its been no go for about a half hour now. The servers went down and took me out of my game. Thankfully Bioware isn't completely bat**** stupid about DRM and I can get some Mass Effect 2 in this morning.

Los 08-06-10 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1461231)
Here we go for the kazillionth time.

Here's an idea moderators: Start handing out brig time for everyone who doesn't make a search before posting, especially for threads like this that we got dozens if not hundreds already.

And being a whiny bitch. :DL

It's not being a whiny bitch.... bitch.

It's a heads up no-one can play their game. DUH.

Dowly 08-06-10 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Los (Post 1461236)
It's not being a whiny bitch.... bitch.

It's a heads up no-one can play their game. DUH.

I'm pretty sure they can tell by trying to play the game. And I'm ok with a heads-up to be posted, but for that we too have kazillion threads around.

Los 08-06-10 05:07 AM

Well, you have to expect it. When the server goes down... new thread. At least I'm not trying to jack up the forums with usless DRM bashing threads... although it's a good opportunity. :D

TDK1044 08-06-10 07:41 AM

To me, asking a customer to pay $49 for a game, and then you the Publisher decides when the customer can actually play it is fundamentally wrong.

Rafael 08-06-10 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TDK1044 (Post 1461318)
To me, asking a customer to pay $49 for a game, and then you the Publisher decides when the customer can actually play it is fundamentally wrong.

Correct! I agree 100%. Unfortunately because subsim's policy I cannot write to play without DRM.

I feel pity for people, who are unable to play the game due ubisoft's DRM. :yep:

Dowly 08-06-10 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael (Post 1461349)
Correct! I agree 100%. Unfortunately because subsim's policy I cannot write to play without DRM.

I feel pity for people, who are unable to play the game due ubisoft's DRM. :yep:

Talking about or implying one is using a "crack" or some other way to circumvent DRM (which is in most countries illegal) is also against Subsim policy. :03:

Quote:

We do NOT allow discussion or even mention of warez, abandonware, peer-to-peer game swapping, game cracks, illegal download sites, or illegal file-sharing. Nothing will get you banned faster than pointing people to illegal software distribution sites. Don't ask for serial numbers, manuals, or cracks. Any admission that you have in your possession illegal software can and usually will result in revocation of your Radio Room forum account and permanent ban.

JScones 08-06-10 08:23 AM

You're not having a good run this afternoon, are you Rafael, LOL.

TDK1044 08-06-10 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael (Post 1461349)

The simpler solution is to vote with your wallet and not purchase it. :)

Rafael 08-06-10 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1461351)
Talking about or implying one is using a "crack" or some other way to circumvent DRM (which is in most countries illegal) is also against Subsim policy. :03:

LOL, ... well there are also some people that edit certain files. In this specific case, it's like modding in my opinion. :03:

Furthermore, *****

Dowly 08-06-10 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rafael (Post 1461374)
LOL, ... well there are also some people that edit certain files. In this specific case, it's like modding in my opinion. :03:

*snip*

The example you posted has been posted here too and was taken down because it was "shady", so I'd advice you edit your post and remove that link.

Quote:

Furthermore, at *snip* there are "NOCD" possibilities. I can remember that I have read this on subsim concerning SH3.
Furthermore, the place you mentioned is a known place to get cracks for multiple games. Which makes it against the subsim policy to post about here.

I won't report the post, but someone's going to see it sooner or later and give you a "prize" for it.

Takeda Shingen 08-06-10 08:47 AM

Too late.

Dowly 08-06-10 08:48 AM

Aaand he is toast!