SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   New to SH4 & have a few questions (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=156526)

thehiredgun 09-23-09 10:01 AM

New to SH4 & have a few questions

Is there an expansion mod that allows you to use uboats in SH4? Also when I first played SH4 when it first came out I got my sub damaged & when I returned to base they gave me the worse sub ever, do they still do this? Is there a SH4 Commander out? And do you have any no fatique mod for 4? I am going to check out some of the threads on SH 4 too. Appreciate anyones help.

Sailor Steve 09-23-09 10:21 AM

You are posting in the SH4 U-boats section, so it should be obvious that there is a U-boat expansion. It can be purchased separately or in a combi-pack called SH4 Gold. If you bought it recently it will almost certainly be the Gold version.

Yes, SH4 is geared toward being a captain and experiencing what a real captain did. Come back with the boat damaged enough to be retired, and they'll give you whatever junk happens to be available. Come back with your boat damaged even more, and they may retire YOU.

Why would you want a no-fatigue mod for SH4? The rotating crew management system is just about perfect.

thehiredgun 09-23-09 11:42 AM

Thanks for the information. You just confirmed with me that I am going to stay with SH3 GWX 3.0.

Rockin Robbins 10-01-09 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehiredgun (Post 1177440)
Thanks for the information. You just confirmed with me that I am going to stay with SH3 GWX 3.0.

That was a refreshingly weird reply.

SH4 doesn't NEED a no fatigue mod. First of all people DO get fatigued if they are not allowed to sleep. Second, SH4 allows them to get their sleep automatically, so long as you are not at battlestations :D, so the SH3 micromanagement boogaloo is not necessary. The SH4 crew management system is much better than SH3. However, everyone has a free choice to use an inferior system.

Sailor Steve 10-03-09 11:58 AM

Good points from RR. I play both still - SH3 because I'm addicted to all the goodies I get from GWX and SH3Cdr, and SH4 because of the better way things work, including the dual-location system for the maps, and of course the better crew management.

He also pointed out something I didn't notice: If you have crew falling asleep on the job, it's probably because you didn't secure from General Quarters. Yes, it's one more thing to remember, but it's also something that only the captain could do.

ReallyDedPoet 10-03-09 12:32 PM

Stick with it HG, once you get past the SH3\4 differences the ATO
side of is actually quite enjoyable.