SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   Anyone use or know of a good force feedback joystick? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=143004)

Flamingboat 10-09-08 08:35 PM

Anyone use or know of a good force feedback joystick?

I was looking at the logitech 3D, not a bad price. Anyone use this or know of others. Nothing too old or expensive, so that probably leaves out microshaft, alll they care about anymore is their ****ty XBOX.

Task Force 10-09-08 08:37 PM

Ive got a Logitech 3D, Works good.;)

Flamingboat 10-09-08 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Task Force
Ive got a Logitech 3D, Works good.;)

That's the one I am thinking. How often does it feedback? Just guns? Landing, stalls etc? I want to rock and roll!

Task Force 10-09-08 09:21 PM

Mainly when in flight, like in turns, You sometimes have to fight it when doing some things. Well its starting to get late here, See you all tomorrow.;)

Fincuan 10-09-08 10:47 PM

I know you said MS might be out of question, but still many people think MS Forcefeedback 2 is the best ff stick ever made. It's old but not too old and wasn't very expensive vs. the quality when I bought it back in 2001, though I have no idea what it costs today. I'm quite sure MS doesn't make them anymore, but I've seen several new and used being sold once in a while. I haven't tried the Logitech or Saitek ff sticks so I can't comment on them or do comparisons.

You get different ff-effects when firing guns and rockets, dropping bombs, colliding, running into turbulence or over bumps on the ground and stalling. The stick is also very "loose" when you're slow or stalling and stiffens when you're plane picks up speed. You can edit the effects to your liking with Microsoft's forcefeedback editor(FEdit), no matter what stick you choose.

Kptlt. Neuerburg 10-10-08 01:36 AM

I've got a Logitech Extreme 3d pro joystick, I find that it works really well. I've had it for a few years and still have no plans on getting rid of it!! I got it from Newegg.

Raptor1 10-10-08 06:21 AM

My stick is a Logitech 3D and it works great too

HunterICX 10-10-08 06:40 AM

Logitech Force 3D pro or the Saitek Cyborg evo Force Feedback

are 2 good options and for a good price too:yep:

HunterICX

Flamingboat 10-10-08 08:23 AM

Does the MS sidewinder 2 use a USB? I don't want to get an old big multi pin connector. I use Vista 64 so I am worried about a lack of support.

HunterICX 10-10-08 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamingboat
Does the MS sidewinder 2 use a USB? I don't want to get an old big multi pin connector. I use Vista 64 so I am worried about a lack of support.

Checked amazon,

http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Side.../dp/B00005NIMB
Technical Details
  • 16 programmable functions; 8 buttons plus 8-direction hat
  • Rotating handle gives precise rudder control
  • 16-bit 25-MHz on-board processor delivers 100 different forces
  • Save and download programmed game commands into game-specific controller profiles
  • USB connection for plug-and-play ease
HunterICX

Fincuan 10-10-08 08:53 AM

Yep, as Hunter posted it does use USB, or should. There are older gameport versions still around, but the majority are USB.

kenijaru 10-10-08 09:49 AM

i don't mean to hijack the thread but...
is the Saitek Cyborg evo Force Feedback really worth it? because at ~300$ is not what i would call "cheap" (specially compared to my... *cof* *cof*... 35$ genius fightersomething... not so joyfull joystick)
so... i can get a Saitek Cyborg evo FF for 335$
or... a Logitech Extreme 3d PRO for 165$
what should i do?

note: $ ARS not to be confused with $ USD.

Dowly 10-10-08 09:59 AM

My Saitek Cyborg Evo was ~50€. Great joystick! :up: