SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Photo recon help (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133030)

clayp 03-13-08 10:14 PM

Photo recon help

I have been tasked with sneaking into Hiroshima harbor and doing a photo recon....I'm in the harbor(5' under the keel) and no matter where I go or do the take photo button wont come on..What do I do?

seaniam81 03-13-08 10:33 PM

you just have to lock onto the ships in the harbour and then take the picture

clayp 03-14-08 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaniam81
you just have to lock onto the ships in the harbour and then take the picture

There are no ships in the harbor....:o

seafarer 03-14-08 09:20 AM

Is this stock SH4? If so, I found that a number of times - nothing to lock onto to get my required photo's to finish the mission. That's one of the reasons I very quickly went to the major game play mods (TM and RSRD in my case) - to get rid of the photo missions altogether. Aside from being ridiculously unrealistic, they often just cannot be completed anyway.

You can either hang around hoping something shows up, or sail on out and get back to hunting and sinking enemy ships. You won't get credit for the photo mission, but you'll still get renown and credit for a successful cruise if you go off on your own.

clayp 03-14-08 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seafarer
Is this stock SH4? If so, I found that a number of times - nothing to lock onto to get my required photo's to finish the mission. That's one of the reasons I very quickly went to the major game play mods (TM and RSRD in my case) - to get rid of the photo missions altogether. Aside from being ridiculously unrealistic, they often just cannot be completed anyway.

I have TM Overhauled...So do I just quit and start another career because this one cant be compleated???

ReallyDedPoet 03-14-08 09:28 AM

You could leave the harbor, hopefully sink some tonnage elsewhere, then return to see if there are some ships in the harbor. This is another aspect where SH4 differs from SH3, the harbors are dynamic so the shipping in them can change.

RDP

clayp 03-14-08 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet
You could leave the harbor, hopefully sink some tonnage elsewhere, then return to see if there are some ships in the harbor. This is another aspect where SH4 differs from SH3, the harbors are dynamic so the shipping in them can change.

RDP

I guess I'll try that..

ReallyDedPoet 03-14-08 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayp
Quote:

Originally Posted by reallydedpoet

RDP

I guess I'll try that..

Ok clay, let us know how you make out :yep:

RDP

scrapser 04-11-08 11:28 PM

Well, I'm in the Hiroshima harbor right now. It's mid day, clear as a bell, calm seas, four ships, and the damn camera button remains disabled.

Is there a list of everything known not to be working in this game so I can get over it all at once?

Buffalo9 04-12-08 07:57 AM

You've locked on to a ship with your scope and still your camera button doesn't light up??

I was lucky, my photo recon was in Toyko harbor and after two photos my "mission complete" came up, the tricky part was getting back out of the harbor.

scrapser 04-12-08 08:30 PM

Okay...this one is my fault. It turns out you need to be close enough for your crew to give a "Ship Spotted" alert for the camera to work. I'm not sure if night or day matters but I would assume it should. Anyway...it's working for me.

maerean_m 04-13-08 12:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by clayp
I have TM Overhauled...So do I just quit and start another career because this one cant be compleated???

SH4 accepts the situation when the player returns to base without completing all the objectives. You'll just have a lower rating patrol, that's all.

Delfi 04-21-17 02:34 AM

Same mission. I got in, photoed the Hiryu, and sank her. Now I am trying to get out alive as now there are destroyers patrolling that were not there before with sonar sets that that can hear a pin drop on the moon!

Aktungbby 04-21-17 12:52 PM

welcome aboard!

Delfi!:Kaleun_Salute:Please B advised this thread is nine years old! "We Necro; therefore We R!???:O:

propbeanie 04-21-17 03:36 PM

Here ya go, Delfi, my "Welcome Gift" to you:

http://i.imgur.com/rHkg8i1.jpg

I just saw a post from Neal from back in like 2008 that has the grim reaper necromancing a thread, coming out of the grave, but I can't find that one... :lol:

Info around here never gets old... :lol: - Just don't go to the moon where those DD can hear you!