SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Medals question (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132828)

Dowly 03-11-08 03:17 PM

Medals question

Anyone who has been awarded with medals on their current career, could you check how the medals are named in the save game file? (My documents/SH4/yadda yadda/savegames/pick one/CareerTrack.upc, you can open it with notepad)

The line is called PlayerCurrentMedals=

The crew medals are named MT_UboatClasp, MT_IronCross2ndClass etc. but I need to know the player medal's names.

Thanks! :up:

Raptor1 03-11-08 03:29 PM

MT_UboatWarBadge,MT_UboatIronCross2ndClass,MT_Uboa tFrontClasp,MT_UboatWarBadge,MT_UboatIronCross1stC lass,MT_UboatIronCross1stClass,MT_UboatIronCross1s tClass

Is what my savefile says...

Dowly 03-11-08 03:36 PM

Ok... now I got medals but when I click on the awards box, it shows US medals.:doh:

Raptor1 03-11-08 03:42 PM

Since ComSubPac gives you patrols and contact reports, i assume he's the one giving you medals too...

Dowly 03-11-08 03:51 PM

Sooo, are you saying the medals are supposed to be US medals instead of German? :doh:

Rykaird 03-11-08 03:55 PM

I have an Iron Cross and Knight's Cross. For some reason my basic Knight's Cross (awarded after my second mission) comes complete - visually anyway - with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds.

This is after running only two missions. I can only assume I've been given "The Diamonds" because I'm either a really swell guy or unbeknownst to me I'm Himmler's nephew.

Sturm 03-11-08 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
Since ComSubPac gives you patrols and contact reports, i assume he's the one giving you medals too...

You can change COMSUBPAC to BdU (or whatever you wish to get your messages from) from menu.txt (in Data\Menu folder).
String number 4193 is the winner. :()1: :D

Dowly 03-11-08 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rykaird
For some reason my basic Knight's Cross (awarded after my second mission) comes complete - visually anyway - with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds.

Because that's the only KC that is in Uboat Missions. :roll:

Kapitan_Phillips 03-11-08 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rykaird
For some reason my basic Knight's Cross (awarded after my second mission) comes complete - visually anyway - with Oak Leaves, Swords, and Diamonds.

Because that's the only KC that is in Uboat Missions. :roll:

Heck I'd give high honours to whoever braved that ridiculous heat too! :p

Dowly 03-12-08 07:26 AM

One more question. Is the KC called, just the Knight's Cross or does it have it's proper name, KC with Oak leaves, swords etc.?

Dowly 03-12-08 11:44 AM

Quote:

One more question. Is the KC called, just the Knight's Cross or does it have it's proper name, KC with Oak leaves, swords etc.?

BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUMP!!!!

LukeFF 03-12-08 03:30 PM

Quote:

It's just called Knight's Cross.

Dowly 03-12-08 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:

It's just called Knight's Cross.

Thanks! :up:

maerean_m 03-13-08 12:47 AM

Quote:

Anyone who has been awarded with medals on their current career, could you check how the medals are named in the save game file? (My documents/SH4/yadda yadda/savegames/pick one/CareerTrack.upc, you can open it with notepad)

Please take a look at Medals.upc in data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

Dowly 03-13-08 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maerean_m
Quote:

Please take a look at Medals.upc in data\UPCDataGE\UPCCrewData

Thaaank you. :up: