SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   Adding ships in GWX (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=126469)

linerkiller 12-07-07 07:38 AM

Adding ships in GWX

I am interested about the possibility of adding ships in GWX....especially the SH4-converted ones...does the GWX spawning system accept them?
However, congratulation to all the designers of the new GWX 2.0's ships, they looks fantastic!:up:

excuse me if this topic has already been posted...

danlisa 12-07-07 07:40 AM

BBW will be the best man to answer this.:yep:

Personally I don't understand much of it but I think it will be much easier to add extra ships to GWX 2.0 following BBW's changes to the RND layer.

linerkiller 12-07-07 08:08 AM

Yeah, some times ago BBW successfully helped me for a similar problem :up:

bigboywooly 12-07-07 09:30 AM

If you are planning to add merchants\tankers and liners to the major countries - UK\US\Canada they will show with no problems

Norway\Netherlands\Russia etc will show them too but not as many generic entries as the UK\US and Canada

I plan on adding many of the converted ships myself to my own GWX 2.0 install :up:

HEMISENT 12-07-07 10:17 AM

BBW
I, like a lot of other folks am not at all familiar with the process of adding ships. Would it be possible to put together some sort of short tutorial detailing the steps required and what to watch out for.

bigboywooly 12-07-07 01:56 PM

Not a bad idea
Most ships are JSGME ready so just plug and play but I will look to doing a how to anyway

HEMISENT 12-07-07 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Not a bad idea
Most ships are JSGME ready so just plug and play but I will look to doing a how to anyway

BBW, that would be great as it would be really helpful both now and down the road. GWX 2.0 I understand will be the last release but the new and revised ship models will keep on coming. If you do undertake this please write it geared to an audience that knows "Less than Nothing" about ships, Campaigns, Rnd layers etc.

Thanks for even considering the project.

bigboywooly 12-07-07 05:15 PM

Have kitbashed one up
Tis with my proof readers now

:rotfl:

Ruzbasan 12-07-07 08:41 PM

I would defintely be interested in a tutorial on this. It would be a great help!

lutzow 12-08-07 03:35 AM

BBW - maybe you can create BIG manual - adding merchants and also warships, submarines and planes?

Koondawg 12-08-07 04:05 AM

Perhaps someone has a JSGME ready mod for these ships? :hmm: And they will be willing to post a download link for em? :yep:

bigboywooly 12-08-07 09:16 AM

Many ships are JSGME ready
Some are not

Once you know how to make a JSGME file structure tis easy to do

Am not one for writing tutorials but this will give you an outline

http://www.mediafire.com/?5xzlxywzehr

linerkiller 12-08-07 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
If you are planning to add merchants\tankers and liners to the major countries - UK\US\Canada they will show with no problems

Norway\Netherlands\Russia etc will show them too but not as many generic entries as the UK\US and Canada

I plan on adding many of the converted ships myself to my own GWX 2.0 install :up:

:sunny: perfect!
Another question:
Do you remember the small mod that you did for me some times ago? (the one that replaces some stock ships with new ones) ....Does it will work corrctly also with GWX?

bigboywooly 12-08-07 12:55 PM

Yes that should work fine with GWX too

AG124 12-08-07 03:47 PM

Manual Replacement

@ linerkiller - If you can't find the mod, you can always replace stock ship entries in the campaign with modded ones manually; you can do this by either replacing the stock class name with a new one- for example, change "Class=NKLS" to "Class=M35B" if you wanted to replace a C2 entry with one for Iambecomelife's Empire Freighter. You could also genericize the entry altogether by putting a semicolon in front of the whole line so that any ship od that class might spawn, but I don't recommend doing that too often (some entries are better off with certain ships appearing for certain entries - for example, maybe you don't want an LST appearing in the middle of an otherwise civilian convoy).

I'm sure BBW will cover all this in his summary for you though.:yep: