SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   COLD WATERS (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=268)
-   -   How does VLS work? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232759)

CaptainCruise 07-27-17 11:34 PM

How does VLS work?

OK, if I missed the boat on this one and its been discussed to death, I apologize. I tried to find some posts regarding the VLS on Soviet playable ships but came up empty.

Anyway, I was using the Soviet Campaign mod and was playing the Oscar class SSGN baby boomer. I found my targets and lit them up with radar, then tried to fire off the VLS but got a "unable to fire" error message. I couldn't figure it out, and the next thing I knew I had 6 torps peckin' away a me. Had to scrap the game till I can figure this out. The campaign mod didn't have anything on how to use the VLS but I thought I would figure it out in the game. Didn't go my way. :timeout: While I watch this post Im gonna go check out some YouTube vids and see if Mr. Jingles or someone else has a VLS tutorial out. Thanks for any help with this.

Tom "CC"
:subsim:

The Bandit 07-28-17 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainCruise (Post 2503186)
OK, if I missed the boat on this one and its been discussed to death, I apologize. I tried to find some posts regarding the VLS on Soviet playable ships but came up empty.

Anyway, I was using the Soviet Campaign mod and was playing the Oscar class SSGN baby boomer. I found my targets and lit them up with radar, then tried to fire off the VLS but got a "unable to fire" error message. I couldn't figure it out, and the next thing I knew I had 6 torps peckin' away a me. Had to scrap the game till I can figure this out. The campaign mod didn't have anything on how to use the VLS but I thought I would figure it out in the game. Didn't go my way. :timeout: While I watch this post Im gonna go check out some YouTube vids and see if Mr. Jingles or someone else has a VLS tutorial out. Thanks for any help with this.

Tom "CC"

By default the VLS tube (usually its just simulated as a single one in most that I've seen) is unloaded so make sure you press R to load a missile. To simulate multiple tubes it has instant reloading so for salvos you just shoot, press r, shoot the next missile, press r and so on.

CaptainCruise 07-28-17 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bandit (Post 2503197)
By default the VLS tube (usually its just simulated as a single one in most that I've seen) is unloaded so make sure you press R to load a missile. To simulate multiple tubes it has instant reloading so for salvos you just shoot, press r, shoot the next missile, press r and so on.

Awesome....I think I know what I did wrong.....I NEVER LOADED THE TUBE!!

Ack....who said I had a clue!! Oy....thanks Bandit. Saved my sanity brudda!!! :salute: Gonna try it later.

Tom "CC"