SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   impossible orders? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159270)

vonce1 12-17-09 10:21 PM

impossible orders?

During the German campaign, I have orders to sink 5000 tons of shipping in quadrant XXXX, but I ran out of all torps already, including those in external stores. I sent several status reports withing last 2 days (which should undoubtedly include the zero ammo status), yet BdU wants me still to continue with current objective....??? Is this a bug? How much longer I'm supposed to be on patrol, merely dodging enemy... until I meet the objective?

Thanks.

Buddahaid 12-17-09 10:40 PM

Until you run out of fuel and game over. I haven't played the German missions, but the US command will give impossible orders as well. When you are out of torpedoes, don't ask for orders, just head for port. I usually go to Midway, rearm, refuel, and then give a status report. It's stupid, but that's what it does.

Buddahaid

vonce1 12-18-09 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buddahaid (Post 1221234)
Until you run out of fuel and game over. I haven't played the German missions, but the US command will give impossible orders as well. When you are out of torpedoes, don't ask for orders, just head for port. I usually go to Midway, rearm, refuel, and then give a status report. It's stupid, but that's what it does.

Buddahaid

thanks! will do it as you suggest - I had a feeling that BdU would leave me on patrol indefinitely...

EDIT: ...refitted at closest friendly base (Rabaul), got full load of torps (although had to repeat the "anchor/refit" procedure like 3x to get all torps loaded); no boat hull repairs though (have 14% damage)..will have to wait I guess until I get to home port - back to my patrol quadrant now.

Sailor Steve 12-18-09 05:47 PM

You're playing stock UBM? Get Ops Monsun - it's much better, and you can play in the Atlantic from the beginning of the war. And no stupid orders like "Sink XXXXX tons."

vonce1 12-18-09 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 1221563)
You're playing stock UBM? Get Ops Monsun - it's much better, and you can play in the Atlantic from the beginning of the war. And no stupid orders like "Sink XXXXX tons."

Yes, I play stock, just got UBM a few days ago only. I'd like to install Monsun, where do I find it, is it in the downloads section of this site under SH4 downloads? Going to check.

peabody 12-18-09 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vonce1 (Post 1221266)
thanks! will do it as you suggest - I had a feeling that BdU would leave me on patrol indefinitely...

EDIT: ...refitted at closest friendly base (Rabaul), got full load of torps (although had to repeat the "anchor/refit" procedure like 3x to get all torps loaded); no boat hull repairs though (have 14% damage)..will have to wait I guess until I get to home port - back to my patrol quadrant now.

To get a full load, refit then turn off autoload and turn it back on and it will allocate enough torps to load the tubes, then refit again.

Peabody

vonce1 12-18-09 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peabody (Post 1221590)
To get a full load, refit then turn off autoload and turn it back on and it will allocate enough torps to load the tubes, then refit again.

Peabody

thanks for tip!