SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [TEC] volumetric clouds in sh4 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=241095)

vickers03 05-09-19 02:35 PM

[TEC] volumetric clouds in sh4

hi, just wanted to remind that volumetric clouds in sh4 are possible
with Rubinis masterpiece "SH3 volumetric clouds & fog" and of course
they look wonderful in SH4!
https://i.ibb.co/sRhrqSN/Screenshot31389.jpg

Slyguy3129 05-09-19 03:11 PM

Oh wow look at that! I might have to look into this. Any idea on if their addition breaks AI sensors or not?

Fifi 05-09-19 03:54 PM

Vickers03 :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

I don’t think those clouds have any effects on AI sensors...

Slyguy3129 05-09-19 03:57 PM

Oh thank Heavens! I might have to give it a shot then when I get back to port. The clouds look really good in FotRSU, but I'd like to see these as well!

Edit:

Link the the thread: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=207786

It appears that this is just an eye candy mod, so it does not affect AI sensors. I'll really need to give this a shot, though I am a bit worried about the "fog" part. In my opinion some people put entirety to much fog into their environment packs. I'm no sailor, but the times I have been on the Ocean, I've never seen even a hint of "fog".

Fish40 02-10-20 04:23 PM

Just installed this using RFB Mod. I get the 3d clouds in the single missions, but in campaign mode I only have the 2d cloud layer:hmmm:

fitzcarraldo 02-10-20 09:20 PM

I noted these clouds works well in SH4 DW and FOTRSU, but with TC1. You accelerate to some TC>1 and the clouds disappear, and they don´t return in the present session neither in the savegame.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :Kaleun_Salute:

Fish40 02-11-20 04:49 AM

Thank You:)

vickers03 06-22-20 08:35 AM

Quote:

I noted these clouds works well in SH4 DW and FOTRSU, but with TC1. You accelerate to some TC>1 and the clouds disappear, and they don´t return in the present session neither in the savegame.
they shoud stay when "particles=8192" is set in the main.cfg in user/documents/sh4:hmmm:

iambecomelife 06-27-20 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vickers03 (Post 2679314)
they shoud stay when "particles=8192" is set in the main.cfg in user/documents/sh4:hmmm:

I set particles to 8192 and they are still disappearing; any ideas? It's a shame, because they look really nice.

Fish40 07-02-20 04:41 AM

I looked in the mentioned file, and noticed particles=8. A few lines down was the line"Maximum". This line's value was 8192:hmmm:

iambecomelife 07-02-20 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish40 (Post 2681001)
I looked in the mentioned file, and noticed particles=8. A few lines down was the line"Maximum". This line's value was 8192:hmmm:

Still no luck getting them to work. I did notice that the clouds aren't deleted; they generate all right and stay, but only about 1-2 miles from where you start the mission.

You can sail off and return and they will still be there - but the game just doesn't create any new clouds during your journey, if you go anywhere.

Fish40 07-03-20 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 2681130)
Still no luck getting them to work. I did notice that the clouds aren't deleted; they generate all right and stay, but only about 1-2 miles from where you start the mission.

You can sail off and return and they will still be there - but the game just doesn't create any new clouds during your journey, if you go anywhere.

Same thing. Start a patrol, clouds are there at home harbor. Sail with no TC out of harbor, clouds remain. Add TC to get under way, clouds gone. Don't see them for rest of patrol. Come back home, clouds are back again:o

iambecomelife 07-03-20 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish40 (Post 2681001)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish40 (Post 2681145)
Same thing. Start a patrol, clouds are there at home harbor. Sail with no TC out of harbor, clouds remain. Add TC to get under way, clouds gone. Don't see them for rest of patrol. Come back home, clouds are back again:o

Okay, I think I've got a solution....it's an "ugly", brute force solution but it seems to work. I copied and pasted the cloud particle generators from scene.sim to the submarine - thus, the player's submarine is the clouds' parent object. :haha: This needs further testing, but I finally got cloud particles near my sub even after increasing time compression & sailing away.

Of course, this will necessitate a separate version for every submarine class in stock version and every supermod.

vickers03 07-04-20 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iambecomelife (Post 2681168)
Okay, I think I've got a solution....it's an "ugly", brute force solution but it seems to work. I copied and pasted the cloud particle generators from scene.sim to the submarine - thus, the player's submarine is the clouds' parent object. :haha: This needs further testing, but I finally got cloud particles near my sub even after increasing time compression & sailing away.

Of course, this will necessitate a separate version for every submarine class in stock version and every supermod.

good one! wow man:up: