SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Mission says my new base is Lorient (when starting from Wilhelmshaven). (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=223137)

finchOU 11-30-15 11:47 AM

Mission says my new base is Lorient (when starting from Wilhelmshaven).

Date is pre 6/20/40. I set out on patrol from Wilhelmshaven north around Great Briton and take some heavy A/C damage (hadn't reconfigured my crash dive time yet which delayed me on the surface). Around this time the Axis take France and the Biscay, but my home port has not "switched" to Lorient like the mission dictated. Well....not knowing that "refit" did not mean "repair" I sailed to Brest (as the closes base) to try and repair my boat and continue my patrol while anticipating the base change to Lorient.

My obvious problem now is i need repairs but i'm on the wrong side of Ocean from Wilhelmshaven (my current base on the map) and it's about 6/26/40. Will my base auto shift at XXX date or is there a bug that is preventing this (shouldn't it have happened with the capture of French ports?)?

Would not want to sail around Briton again only for the base to finally shift to France (and not i'm not going through the channel).

Bera 11-30-15 12:13 PM

Hi!

You should read Peter´s tutorials: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...3&postcount=64

As you can see, your base will shift to Lorient on a few days (July 1st 1940), so hang out for a while and all the Biscay Bay´s ports will turn blue!

Happy hunting!

finchOU 11-30-15 01:34 PM

Thanks for the quick reply.....I guess I'll hang out for a bit then proceed to Lorient. :yeah:

THEBERBSTER 11-30-15 03:01 PM

Hi finchOU

Keep a look out on your navigation map for your blue sub base icon.
It should appear in Lorient on 1st July.

I would expect you will also receive a radio message confirming this.

Peter

CharlieA 12-05-15 01:16 PM

Cant get to Lorient.

Hello, I have completed my first campaign and the Germans took France. So i began by sinking 50k ton of ships east of England where I must sink 100k so when i went back to the island above Wilemshaven to refit, I decided to go to Lorient and when I come to the smaal long shaped island near Lorient my game freeze and then exit by itself (crash). I had no problem before this. I tried to do another mission and then go to Lorient, but it stil crashes on the same place does not matter on which side on the island I enter the port. I have restarted my computer. I tried to go to Lorient like 10 times and everytime I did everything diffrent. So please help:wah:

finchOU 12-05-15 01:24 PM

What Time Compression are you using? Did you save with in 200 km of the port?

If you use too high of a TC setting ...depending on your computer...it could crash as it tries to render the shore line and port.

Saving (exit and restart) 200 km or so from shore helps your computer deal with the rendering problem....but still take it slow on TC...I'd say no more than 64 with in 50 km.....

CharlieA 12-06-15 03:13 AM

To Lorient

I am going to try uninstall the game and then re-installing the game, mabye it will work then. When I start playing SH5 this morning I tryed again and it let me enter the port, but it as soon as i reach my final way point the game crashes. I tried time comperssion x64, x1024 and x32

Aktungbby 12-06-15 03:47 AM

Welcome aboard

CharlieA!:Kaleun_Salute:

finchOU 12-06-15 04:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CharlieA (Post 2363940)
I am going to try uninstall the game and then re-installing the game, mabye it will work then. When I start playing SH5 this morning I tryed again and it let me enter the port, but it as soon as i reach my final way point the game crashes. I tried time comperssion x64, x1024 and x32

That's way too fast a time compression to get into port. I'm assuming the game is allowing it because you have "Travel Mode" selected (one of the highlighted squares in the upper right corner of the game). Deselect Travel Mode or just make sure you don't go more than x8 or x16 once in the harbor.
I don't think you have to reinstall......I just think you are rushing the port entry a bit maybe. I could be wrong...

CharlieA 12-06-15 06:51 AM

To Lorient

I can get into Lorient. What I have done is: I have reinstall the game twice. The first time when I reinstalled it I could not load a game not even start a new campaign then the game crashes. The second time everything worked I could go into Lorient, but I did it at a time compression of x32. I am still porting while I am moving. What i mean by that is, while I am moving and the black anker apears where I kust choose between refit, stop at port or pospose I select stop at port while the sub is moving. I am entered the port twice. I also saw that my Graphic Driver Version does not meet the requirements so I am updating that too. So if you have a problem with the game just reinstall it. It works. Thanks all for your advice.:D

Jimbuna 12-06-15 08:38 AM

Welcome to SubSim Charlie :sunny:

THEBERBSTER 12-06-15 11:26 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community >CharlieA:subsim:
New To Silent Hunter <> Need Help <> Click On My Thread Links.:salute:
Subsim <> How To Donate <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community:yeah:
Treat Yourself To The Wolves Of Steel Mega Mod <> SH5 The Dawn Of A New Beginning :up:
The Wolves Of Steel Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ’s) & Game Tips (Please Look Here First Before Posting A Question):up:
Tutorial: How To Install “The Wolves Of Steel” Megamod!:up:
Post #24 Shaefer’ Season 2 Let's Play Silent Hunter 5 YouTube 23 Videos:ping:

In the Happy Time campaign you will not be able to end a patrol/dock in Lorient until 1st July 1940.
This is indicated by your base icon moving from Wilhelmshaven to Lorient.

Sauroketh 11-26-17 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2362597)
...blue sub base icon... should appear in Lorient on 1st July.
Peter

Thank you all, gentlemen, - I thought I was stuck once again.

TWoS is that much enigmatic.
As much uncleasr and indefinite as that war at sea could surprise... or rather slowly torment you with. Always full of expectaions of some new stalemate situations.

But now I can catch a breath, thank you.:Kaleun_Salute: