SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   2010 SUBSIM April Fool scam (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=254)
-   -   This must be the most hilarious April's fool ever! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166753)

Skybird 04-01-10 02:36 AM

This must be the most hilarious April's fool ever!

I almost got eye cancer,Neal!

UnderseaLcpl 04-01-10 04:20 AM

I have to concur. It had me going for a good 2 minutes before I remembered it was Apr 1. :oops:

Dimitrius07 04-01-10 04:57 AM

:har::har::har:

Raptor1 04-01-10 05:02 AM

Figured it was it from the start, but it still is the 2nd funniest April fools joke I've seen today (The first being NationStates').

bookworm_020 04-01-10 05:13 AM

Has to be one of the better ones I've seen today. Here in Australia a radio program strung its listeners along telling them that their GPS units could be tracked by the police and they could work out when you had been speeding. People were on the verge of ripping out their GPS units, untill the show said "April Fools!"
The Australia ABC TV had some egg on there faces when they thought that they had an exclusive interview with David Beckham saying he was switching clubs, untill they found out the guy was a fraud!:D

stabiz 04-01-10 05:16 AM

Haha, i am hung over so it took me at least 15 seconds to understand this.:woot:

Skybird 04-01-10 05:46 AM

At least it reminds me of the good ol' times when PC costed the price of a middle class car, and miniature displays were monochrome green-on-black. It added that nice high tech touch to movies of that time! Oh nostalgia, you got me haunted again...

ParaB 04-01-10 06:46 AM

Absolutely brilliant! I really laughed!

:har:

OneToughHerring 04-01-10 07:15 AM

This would have been good for St. Paddys day. :hmmm:

Edit. *notices the thing in the upper left corner*

AAaaaAARrrgh!

Hitman 04-01-10 07:46 AM

Got me really confused, because you must add that I first got into the forum via a link in my e-mail. A post reported by Webster sent me an auto e-mail as moderator and following the link I landed in the forum. At first I thought: "What the hell is Webster doing in an Xbox Forum and why is he sending me this link?" then it went: "Uh, and Kaptain Lehmen too? And McBeck??? And Neal too! And all the rest!!!" Then I went to the forum and understood it all quickly, because in the US it was still early and I got to watch in real time the finishing touches in Neal's trap, as he changed a few more items :haha:

Another confusing thing is that here in Spain we make those jokes on December the 28th, so it's also difficult to keep in mind what is going on in anglosaxon countries :doh:

Anyway, great one :yeah:

AVGWarhawk 04-01-10 07:57 AM

The absolute brilliant April Fools was Neals ficticious article on women getting into submarines. Some of the retired submariners I know were emailing that around and getting pissed. I laughed for a while but then let them in on it! Neal has no idea what a stink that article made on the Torsk. :har:

JSLTIGER 04-01-10 08:04 AM

Beautiful, just beautiful. I had wondered what the prank was going to be this year.

Platapus 04-01-10 08:23 AM

This green on black sure brought back memories. :up:

ajrimmer42 04-01-10 10:24 AM

Hmmm, kinda odd, SUBSIM goez all 360, yet xfire don't seem to have done anything. Last year they changed everything to l33t5p34!< . The funniest Aprils Fools I've seen must be 2 years ago when they changed all the games so it looked like you'd been playing My Little Pony for 150 hours lol

U-104 04-01-10 10:34 AM

:har: good one Neal.