SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Run Silent, Run Deep - The Campaign (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=123467)

The Bandit 10-14-07 12:06 PM

well after getting into SH4 a bit I have just ordered Beach's Run Silent Run Deep and Dust on the Sea, unfortunatly its probably going to take a week or more to ship them to me. This looks great, but I have TM 1.6 already installed, any compatibuility issues between the two (I know this is more about overhauling the campaign but I just thought I would ask)

DeepIron 10-14-07 12:17 PM

Holy cow... :huh:

tater 10-14-07 12:38 PM

Out of curiosity, what defines a "supermod?"

Seems like as any mod has to start incorporating ship, graphic, campaign, weapons, etc mods, they become supermods. Wouldn't RFB or TM have counted, or am I missing something?

Looking forward to yet more TROMy goodness! :up:

tater

602Sqn_Puff 10-14-07 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leovampire
Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff
Got an error that shows each time I load my current save game { also was present when the game laoded in base }
Current career started on 6th Dec 41 at Manila, when the game loads to 3d at the please wait screen I hear a windows error sound, alt tab out and there are two errors to clear

File not found: data\menu\gui\recmanual\covflagshoredefenses.dds

I clear both and the game loads and runs fine. Just a heads up to have a look...if it isn't your mod I'll try and track down which one it is, but I never had this until I loaded RSRDC

Installation

RSRDC is designed to be installed using JSGME, hand installation is not recommended. You will need to start a new career after installation and old save games will not be compatible with RSRDC.

Did that mate and still had the error, only way to get rid of it was to leave ICL v0.78 in and let RSRDC write over it...anyways working now :)

lurker_hlb3 10-14-07 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
I just added it to the end of my mod enabler list. It overwrote two ROW files. I believe reflections for two DD. Nothing else. ROW and this mod work just find together.

There are no files in RSRDC that conflict with ROW

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
Translation, will we still get sighted or detected by sonar are very long ranges when we're approaching a convoy or task force?

RSRDC doesn’t change any of the IJN sensors or IJN AI response

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7
One other quick question. Are there mods compatible with the RSRD mod?

Which mods are you asking about ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Bandit
This looks great, but I have TM 1.6 already installed, any compatibility issues between the two (I know this is more about overhauling the campaign but I just thought I would ask)

Would not recommend loading RSRDC over the top of TM for the following reasons:
  • You will over write Ducimus “Sea Trials” Flotillas.
  • You would remove “all” of tater’s ICL changes .
If you do, you do so at your own risk

capt_frank 10-14-07 02:24 PM

Hootchie Mama!! :up: :up:

MONOLITH 10-14-07 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tater
Wouldn't RFB or TM have counted, or am I missing something?

Yep. Sorry Tater, no neglect of offense was intended. For me personally, I was away for a few months, so for me this is the first one out since I've been back and been paying attention. I missed the earlier releases of TM.

tater 10-14-07 02:45 PM

No offense to me, they ain't my mods ;)

I'm hard to offend, anyway.

tater

cdrsubron7 10-14-07 03:15 PM

Is there a utility for using more than one installation like there was in SHIII?

skwasjer 10-14-07 03:18 PM

Yes: http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=108215

:)

cdrsubron7 10-14-07 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skwasjer

Thanks. skwasjer. :up:

Now, my next question is how can I use the JSGME to install the RSRD mod when all it shows is the mods I have installed for the TM 1.63 in my regular install of SHIV? I keep seeing that mod folder instaed of the one for the RSRD folder.

Late add - I think I figured it out.

jdkbph 10-14-07 07:02 PM

Whoa... this is tough!

I want to load this up so bad... but I don't want to give up all the fixes and what-not in TM!

What to do...

What to do.... :hmm:

JD

TopcatWA 10-15-07 05:16 AM

Change Of Sub Base Notification In Middle Of Patrol

:D Thanks for the Mod. Looks good & no problems installing it.
Question: I've started the RSRD campaign based out of Subic Bay-Manila. No problems with completing the objectives of the first patrol, but when returning to Subic Bay in Jan.42 ,apparently my sub base has been changed without any message notification from subpac. Now I have to search out the other bases to find out where I have been transferred to so I can end my patrol.(Surabaya isn't my new base because the 'End Patrol' option is ghosted out). I know that when the Phillipines was overun by the Japs, subs based in Subic Bay were transferred to Surabaya & Australia.
For the sake of realism is it possible to put in the message traffic notification of base changes during patrols to elliminate sailing all over the ocean looking for the right base to end the patrol?

lurker_hlb3 10-15-07 07:11 AM

comment noted, will look into it

pythos 10-15-07 07:25 AM

Mod looks good.

on first patrol now with Sub pac.

Noticed that the wildcat, martlet, and beufighter lack sound.

Will continue reporting as patrol progresses.