SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX (Grey Wolves eXpansion Mod) (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=102096)

danlisa 02-26-07 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgian Dubh
Where can oen find this mod?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104229

Read the thread! I don't know what compatibilty it has. Whether it's GWX 1.0 or GWX 1.0 + Dec 23rd or (unlikely) GWX 1.02.

I might break stuff if it's not used with the right version.

Jimbuna 02-26-07 11:42 AM

It's JSGME compatable so it will be easy to take out if it has an adverse effect :arrgh!:

Ippia 02-26-07 12:23 PM

Radio Messages

Hi all! I'm new in this forum :D (but not to SH3-GWX... eh eh :arrgh!:).
I and few others are trying to translate GWX into Italian. A great deal of the work is done, but there is a little problem...
We are translating the Radio Messages file (messages_en.txt), but the patch (if I'm right) added something to that file. Do you know what are the new/modified lines?
You see... if you know it I can avoid to read again 1200 lines to see what is different ;).
I hope you can help me and, obviously, a sea of thanks! Bye :up:

Fabio

Sgian Dubh 02-26-07 12:25 PM

Wow.

You guys are fast!

Thanks!

I will confirm the problem exisits in 1.02 before I add anything. It just seemed like a good thing to get squared away.

Cheers!

danlisa 02-26-07 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ippia
I and few others are trying to translate GWX into Italian. A great deal of the work is done, but there is a little problem...
We are translating the Radio Messages file (messages_en.txt), but the patch (if I'm right) added something to that file. Do you know what are the new/modified lines?
You see... if you know it I can avoid to read again 1200 lines to see what is different ;).

Fabio

Hey mate, Welcome :sunny:

This program might help - http://winmerge.org/

It let's you compare 2 txt files and tells you what's been changed. Very Handy.:up:

bigboywooly 02-26-07 01:29 PM

Quote:

Fabio

Hi and welcome

As Danlisa posted winmerge is a great program for picking up the differences between 2 files
Hope you manage to get your Italian conversion done

You may want to PM JScones - he can provide you a list of ALL the files that need doing
I know some ppl are working on a Spanish and Polish translation too

Be nice if they could all be included as an optional mod like the French is now

Jimbuna 02-26-07 01:46 PM

Here's a further option :up:
http://www.scootersoftware.com/

Ippia 02-26-07 02:49 PM

Wow! :oYou are incredibly fast! Thanks, thanks & thanks a lot! I will try and tell you if it does. Bye :up:

Fabio

Rubini 02-26-07 05:05 PM

Quote:

Fabio

Hi Ippia,

I made the corrections on radio messages for GWX1.02. I adjusted a lot of errors on how and when the messages will be spawn and also a lot of mispelling errors.
Anyway, the comparision softs are the best way to know what needs to be redone on your translation or not, as the guys already said above.;)

Rubini 02-26-07 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sgian Dubh
Where can oen find this mod?

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=104229

Read the thread! I don't know what compatibilty it has. Whether it's GWX 1.0 or GWX 1.0 + Dec 23rd or (unlikely) GWX 1.02.

I might break stuff if it's not used with the right version.

It's GWX 1.02 compatible!:up:

Ippia 02-27-07 03:00 AM

Thanks a lot you all! I tried with WinMerge and I finded the differences between the two files.
Thanks anyway Rubini! Yes, I saw your corrections. Congrats for GWX!
Bye bye folks! You're great!

Fabio

Steppenwolf 02-27-07 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penelope_Grey
It was just a bit strange for me, when I selected ahead slow in a type VII and found I was only doing 3 or 4 knots on the surface, I mean... I wanted ahead slow but thats ridiculous! LOL

Is your battery 100% recharged? When you first surface, one of the two diesels is assigned to recharge your battery, so you are only using one engine to propel your boat. Until your battery is completely recharged, the speed you achieve will only be about one half of what you usually get. You can order the use of both diesels to move the boat (and not recharge the battery) in the Engineer's menu, by using the "Standard Propulsion" option.

u48 02-27-07 04:53 PM

Ok seems we may have a problem with GWX 1.02 Multiplayer.....Basically to be brief i wrote some missions ( middle to end of January 2007 ) for our GWX Stats at WPL for the forthcoming month of March. These missions were written and tested using GWX BEFORE 1.02.....ALL the missions worked fine......There was no problems at all....These missions were validated by the mission editor. Since our " stats " end on the 26th of each month i decided on a single fresh install of GWX 1.02.....( SH3+1.4 Patch+gwx+gwx 1.02 )
Then decided to test run a few of the march stat missions.....Lo and behold some are ok some WONT run.....Those that wont run all have the SAME error report.

Error Signature AppName:sh3.exe AppVer:1.4.0.1
ModName: sh3.exe ModVers 1.4.0.1 offset:000b96ec

Any ideas......is there a cure ? Hope you guys can help......Salute !

bigboywooly 02-27-07 05:20 PM

The AMM has changed to a type=100 from a type=102
Any missions that have one of those in will need the type= changing

The only other possibilty is start dates for some of the ships as mentioned in the release thread

Other than that I am stumped

LukeFF 02-27-07 10:38 PM

I've been able to play SH3 with this mod for the last couple of days now. Excellent job! Two of my suggestions for improvement are as follows:

-that orange text in the U-boat Aces and Career History screens is absolutely awful. Is there any way to change it to a more normal (i.e., black) color?

-the "surface" audio command needs to be livened up with some extra background sounds, like the sounds played when one dives the boat.