SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   General Topics (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=175)
-   -   Meanwhile, here in the UK-Nuisance Drones (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239434)

Jimbuna 12-20-18 10:56 AM

Meanwhile, here in the UK-Nuisance Drones

As if the possibility of potential air traffic chaos across the UK and much of Europe post Brexit wasn't enough....now we have the drone disruption.

Quote:

Tens of thousands of passengers have been disrupted by drones flying over one of the UK's busiest airports.

Gatwick's runway has been shut since Wednesday night, as devices have been repeatedly flying over the airfield.

Sussex Police said it was not terror-related but a "deliberate act" of disruption, using "industrial specification" drones.

About 110,000 passengers on 760 flights were due to fly on Thursday. Disruption could last "several days".
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-46623754

Catfish 12-20-18 11:15 AM

Why ?! :doh:

From threatening air traffic to spying at neighbours, those gadgets should be prohibited :hmmm:

Jimbuna 12-20-18 11:22 AM

Agreed and I believe the authorities patience is coming to an end because it is being reported that police marksmen are in the area, probably to shoot the buggas out of the sky.

Buddahaid 12-20-18 12:19 PM

It should be considered domestic terrorism because of the possibility of creating an air disaster.

fumo30 12-20-18 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Catfish (Post 2582379)
Why ?! :doh:

From threatening air traffic to spying at neighbours, those gadgets should be prohibited :hmmm:

My opinion too.:yep:

fumo30 12-20-18 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimbuna (Post 2582380)
it is being reported that police marksmen are in the area, probably to shoot the buggas out of the sky.

Sounds fun. :D

STEED 12-20-18 02:22 PM

The powers to be saw this years ago and did nothing. Once again trying to lock the barn door after the horse has bolted.

Eichhörnchen 12-20-18 02:23 PM

I can't understand how they were ever allowed into the hands of the general public... it was inviting this kind of thing

ikalugin 12-20-18 04:53 PM

I wonder when Russia would be blamed for it.

Commander Wallace 12-20-18 04:57 PM

^ Why are you bringing up Russia ? When was Russia ever mentioned in this thread ? I think Jim brought up the drone issue to illustrate a dangerous situation that is developing with regards to air traffic and safety and drones. It wasn't meant to voice issues with regards to perceived International relation issues.

ikalugin 12-20-18 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Wallace (Post 2582418)
^ Why are you bringing up Russia ? When was Russia ever mentioned in this thread ? I think Jim brought up the drone issue to illustrate a dangerous situation that is developing with regards to air traffic and safety and drones. It wasn't meant to voice issues with regards to perceived International relation issues.

This language:
Quote:

but a "deliberate act" of disruption, using "industrial specification" drones.
sounds a lot like the one used when discussing alleged Russian cyber activities. Which makes me wonder when this "deliberate act of disruption" would be blamed on Russia or Russia affiliated actors.

Commander Wallace 12-20-18 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikalugin (Post 2582423)
This language:

sounds a lot like the one used when discussing alleged Russian cyber activities. Which makes me wonder when this "deliberate act of disruption" would be blamed on Russia or Russia affiliated actors.

Clearly, you are reading something into this that doesan't exist. It appears to be deliberate but clearly something that doesn't involve Russia. This is a domestic Issue in the U.K and likely, brain dead individuals or people that believe this is a funny prank but again, something that doesn't involve Russia.

ikalugin 12-20-18 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Commander Wallace (Post 2582427)
Clearly, you are reading something into this that doesan't exist. It appears to be deliberate but clearly something that doesn't involve Russia. This is a domestic Issue in the U.K and likely, brain dead individuals or people that believe this is a funny prank but again, something that doesn't involve Russia.

I hope that you are right and we do not get blamed for it.

Commander Wallace 12-20-18 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ikalugin (Post 2582430)
I hope that you are right and we do not get blamed for it.

^ Again, why bring Russia into this discussion at all ?

Buddahaid 12-20-18 06:09 PM

633 flights disrupted and nobody caught yet plus troops are now deployed.