SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   No Ammo for Deck Gun (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=235662)

David I 11-27-17 10:48 AM

No Ammo for Deck Gun

I am currently in a Campaign with a IXC. On my first patrol my deck gun came in very handy sending crippled ships to the bottom (you still need to be very careful, every tub has some kind of gun and a 40mm AA gun can ruin your day).

Anyway about half way through my 2nd patrol I noticed that my deck gun had "0" ammunition. So I did without.

At the beginning of my 3rd patrol, while still in port, I checked my deck gun ammo and sure enough "0" ammo.

What would cause that?

Most recent mods I installed are Ace's Crew on Deck and Pascal's Port People. These we installed after my 1st patrol.

Gerald 11-27-17 11:28 AM

Click on the gun and it will show you ammo.

David I 11-27-17 07:58 PM

It shows me the ammo = 0 of 0 HE and I haven't left port yet.

So it's not clicking on the gun.

Any other suggestions?

evan82 11-29-17 12:06 PM

Do not click on the gun, but on the Shell icons. If this not work, open in notepad Basic Cfg file located in the game data/cfg folder, and find the line:

[AMMO_TYPE0];10.5cm SK C/32
Idx=0
Year=1939
Month=1
AP=30
HE=40
SS=60
Renown=0

I take this from my modifed CFG file. Maybe You have other values in yours, it's normal.:ping:

Change [check] AP or HE values, [SS - Light shell]. If you use many mods you need to check them first, and copy files before any changes.

evan82 11-29-17 12:18 PM

One more thing I forget. Do changes when You are in base, no in patrol.:Kaleun_Party:

David I 11-29-17 01:30 PM

Evan 82,

Thanks. I'm using GWX so I expect the SS & AP will equal 0. I'll change the HE to 110 when I get my boat back into port.

While I've got you here: I've see screen shots, apparently from SH3/GWX that show U Boats with no deck gun at all which was pretty common in the later part of the War. Is there a mod for that?

Anyway, thanks again for your help.

Good Hunting,

David I

PS: My crew wears your uniforms.

HW3 11-29-17 08:53 PM

SH3 Commander allows you to remove the deck gun.

David I 11-30-17 09:34 AM

HW3,

I play GWX with SH3 Commander. I'll go find that option.

Thanks.

David I

HW3 11-30-17 11:44 AM

It should be on the main page while between patrols if I remember right.

David I 12-01-17 09:28 AM

I couldn't find an option to remove the deck gun in SH Commander. I found something that would change the loading times but not remove the gun.

DI

Kapt Z 12-01-17 11:16 PM

On the main opening page for your commander click on the uboat 'type' and it comes up with 'remove' and then 'deck gun'.

David I 12-04-17 09:46 AM

Kapt Z,

Thanks. When I get back in port will try that.

Never did solve the ammo issue for the 105mm deck gun. I checked the Basic Cfg in SHIII, but it shows the ammo allotment correctly. I think after I complete my current IXC campaign (off the coast of USA Jan 1942 at present) I may do reinstall of of SHIII,GWX, SHC etc and see if I can get ammo to show up correctly.

David I

CTU_Clay 12-04-17 12:04 PM

To: David

Quote:

I may do reinstall of of SHIII,GWX, SHC etc and see if I can get ammo to show up correctly.
Do not forget to install the SH3 Commander additional configuration files when using with GWX.

David I 12-12-17 09:46 AM

I forgot SH 101 - you have to man the deck gun, then click on "shell" and then the gun loads and your ammo quantity appears!

What a dope!:doh:

I did get to practice "how to reinstall your game". So I guess it wasn't a complete loss.

David I