SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Taking Photos for Mission (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238868)

l02turner 10-16-18 01:54 PM

Taking Photos for Mission

Hello, Was sent to take photos of a island's harbor facilities and was within 500 yards when I went to periscope depth,raised the scope and found the area where I wanted to photograph. I then moved to 1200 yards from the piers but again no luck getting a camera icon to activate. I was stern to and pointed the scope at 180 deg and the little camera Icon never became active.

Do I have to be surfaced? I hope not because there's lot of enemy traffic around. Wouldn't last 3 min on the surface.

I am running from my CD version which has been updated to vers 1.4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
LarryT

Bleiente 10-16-18 02:03 PM

My best advice would be to update to V1.5 and choose a suitable Mega-Mod.

Vanilla V1.4b is scrap (thank you at UBISOFT).

:Kaleun_Salute:

propbeanie 10-16-18 02:06 PM

There could be several things:
1. Some of the Stock v1.4 (& 1.5) missions do not function as intended ("target" ship missing, or doesn't 'score')
2. You could try the Observation Periscope
3. You have to "Lock" onto the "Target" (<L> key)
4. The 'light' for the Camera menu button does not 'light-up' too well. Click away anyway, and see what happens

Larrywb57 10-16-18 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by propbeanie (Post 2572781)
There could be several things:
1. Some of the Stock v1.4 (& 1.5) missions do not function as intended ("target" ship missing, or doesn't 'score')
2. You could try the Observation Periscope
3. You have to "Lock" onto the "Target" (<L> key)
4. The 'light' for the Camera menu button does not 'light-up' too well. Click away anyway, and see what happens

5. You also have to be close to the icon on the map for the Camera menu button to light up to take a picture.
:Kaleun_Salute:

Good Luck!
Larry B.

KaleunMarco 10-16-18 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by l02turner (Post 2572775)
Hello, Was sent to take photos of a island's harbor facilities and was within 500 yards when I went to periscope depth,raised the scope and found the area where I wanted to photograph. I then moved to 1200 yards from the piers but again no luck getting a camera icon to activate. I was stern to and pointed the scope at 180 deg and the little camera Icon never became active.

Do I have to be surfaced? I hope not because there's lot of enemy traffic around. Wouldn't last 3 min on the surface.

I am running from my CD version which has been updated to vers 1.4.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
LarryT

i've experienced the same thing and i think that it boils down to the fact that the ship/shiptype that you are supposed to photo is not there. i believe that in the Mission.mis file, there is a specific ship/shiptype defined...for some photo missions... and if that ship isnt there for some reason, you will not be able to use the camera.

i am about 75% sure of this.

now, having said that, i will also say that you have to be using the 1.5 version of Stock and/or a sanctioned Mega Mod. table stakes, man, table stakes.
good luck.
:salute: