SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Tanksim.com (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=203)
-   -   Iron Front: Liberation 1944 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=195010)

Synner 05-07-12 11:37 AM

Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Hi all,

Maybe you guys will find this interesting,not a tank sim as such but has some tank play which looks kinda cool, it's a game coming out soon, it is a stand alone game which is based on the the Arma 2 engine with a WW2 skin and good modding potential.

HERE is a link to a video (English subtitles) which shows some of the Tanks that will be playable.

HERE is a link giving more information about the game itself.

ajrimmer42 05-07-12 01:51 PM

looks pretty sweet. Loving the tank riders :D

Sledgehammer427 05-07-12 06:22 PM

I second AJ, those tank riders are great!
especially the start and stopping and you see them falling off. with a couple managing to catch their feet. This is gonna be great, and even if it falls short, its based on the ARMA engine so the modding community would go at it.

Me, I'd like to see a PzB41 in there.

charon2112 05-12-12 10:07 PM

Hi guys. My priorities would be:

How are the ballistics and damage is modeled. Is it based on armor thickness and round penetration value, taking angle into account?
Are there internal components that can be damaged and/or knocked out?
Will the engagements be at historically accurate ranges?
Can you calculate range and dial it into the gun sights?

Basically will this be a sim, or more of an arcade game like WoT?

Carry on. :up:

**The video above seems to have answered most of my questions...and the game looks awesome!

Synner 05-13-12 05:29 AM

Hi,

charon2112, yes the video answers most of your questions. :salute:

I only found out about this game myself 3 weeks ago so no expert but it looks like a good military sim/fps WW2 game which if the players decided they could play it as a exclusive tanksim using the game editor to make great tank only single player missions or use multiplayer tank only gamemodes that comes with the game and player made multiplayer maps.

Anyway it has a release date of 25th May so will find out soon i guess.

HERE is a link showing a recent Q&A from one of the game directors giving more information.

Synner 05-22-12 09:01 AM

Loads of trailers coming out now as the release is in 3 days (25/05/2012),

Here is one with tanks.

Here is another one.

charon2112 05-22-12 02:25 PM

I can't wait for large scale tank battles in this game. :)

Crécy 05-23-12 02:41 AM

Ah, there was a thread of this after all. Considering buying this but I want to see a few reviews and user opinions about this. Couple of gameplay videos didn't convince me, unfortunately.

Dowly 05-23-12 04:23 AM

The thing that worries me the most is that it is based on the ArmA 2 engine. :hmmm:

Sledgehammer427 05-24-12 10:01 PM

Actually, I find that a Blessing Dowly, as the Arma engine is moddable afaik

Dowly 05-25-12 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sledgehammer427 (Post 1888669)
Actually, I find that a Blessing Dowly, as the Arma engine is moddable afaik

Oh it is highly moddable, but the engine isnt exactly renowned for it's ability to
handle vehicles that well.

tomhugill 05-30-12 02:52 PM

Theyve rewritten the arma2 engine so tanks aren't just hopping based any more. That damage models is aparently very similar to wwiionline with armor thinkness, round type, angle of impact etc being modelled for a very realistic tanking experience. The devs have implemented a tank only mode too! I think I will be purchasing this and playing over wwiionline where the armor game has been practically killed off!

tomhugill 05-30-12 02:54 PM

Also with suitable missions this can be considered to be a tank sim due to the level of realism! Also looking forward to some proper multi crewing!

charon2112 05-30-12 10:24 PM

I'm finding a big problem with the ranging system. Using the strich in the gunsight, and measuring a head on t34 at exactly 750 meters, I had to dial in almost 2000 meters before my round landed on the target. There's something very wrong with the ranging system and dialing in range in the gunsight.

Chromius 06-09-12 07:53 AM

There is an acknowledged issue with range being really wrong on 1 tank and a little off on another, the rest should be spot on. I think they said the first patch messed them up. The devs said they are on it and it will be fixed. I can dig up a link if you want. I am enjoying it.