SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Searchlights Removed mod (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=169499)

Chris65 11-19-20 11:01 PM

I just came looking for this, reading how Kretschmer would sail up and down between merchants in the convoy and no ship ever shone a light on him, but I am lit up like a Xmas tree. Any idea if/when this is going to be reloaded, or could it be sent to me?

John Pancoast 11-19-20 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris65 (Post 2708071)
I just came looking for this, reading how Kretschmer would sail up and down between merchants in the convoy and no ship ever shone a light on him, but I am lit up like a Xmas tree. Any idea if/when this is going to be reloaded, or could it be sent to me?

There already is one for GWX if that is what you're running. Otherwise, other than slightly tedious its not difficult to remove them via S3D editor.
Here's the gwx one if it helps.
Doesn't guarantee that you still won't be seen though; the lights come on *after* you're detected, not *to* detect you. Replicating said Kretschmer tactic can be problematic in the game with a.i. vision, etc. vs. the human equivalents, different column spacing, etc.

Oops; the link above is for H.sie's mod. Here's the one referenced in this thread. Don't know if they're the same thing.

Chris65 11-19-20 11:19 PM

Thanks for the reply. I am running GWX Gold and I looked for it to see if there was a mod but I didn't see it. Checked in the optional folder too, did not see it, but I did get it from your link, thank you for that.

Understood about the seeing first thing, and yeah, running between ships on the surface does not work, though I did do it once which was pretty cool.

John Pancoast 11-20-20 08:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris65 (Post 2708075)
Thanks for the reply. I am running GWX Gold and I looked for it to see if there was a mod but I didn't see it. Checked in the optional folder too, did not see it, but I did get it from your link, thank you for that.

Understood about the seeing first thing, and yeah, running between ships on the surface does not work, though I did do it once which was pretty cool.

:up:

Chris65 11-20-20 04:58 PM

As a follow up, are the search lights the items marked with "L" in the eqp folder? IE: Node name = L02

John Pancoast 11-20-20 05:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris65 (Post 2708248)
As a follow up, are the search lights the items marked with "L" in the eqp folder? IE: Node name = L02

Correct. The "Ref_small" is the light itself.

Chris65 11-20-20 05:10 PM

Thank you once again, greatly appreciate it.:Kaleun_Salute:

John Pancoast 11-20-20 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris65 (Post 2708253)
Thank you once again, greatly appreciate it.:Kaleun_Salute:

:salute: