SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Thomsen's Sound Pack V 3.0, 3.1 & 3.2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=134491)

xristoskaiti 04-07-08 12:58 PM

the file sdl they is not compatible with
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03 :cry: you can make a sdl for
Racerboy_SH4_Effects_for_SH3_2_03?? :oops:

Hylarion 04-07-08 01:14 PM

Hi Thomsen,

Amazing work there :rock::rock::up::up:

i am using my own command_fr.cfg file to keep my french kb setiings with OLC's GUI mod. Could you tell me which modifications you've made on the command_en.cfg so that I can reproduce them to my own .cfg file??? please :smug:

Thanks Herr Kaleun

moscowexile 04-07-08 01:32 PM

U.S. and Royal Navy protocol is (was?) as follows:

Aye aye sir!

Naval response indicating that an order has been received, is understood, and will be carried out immediately. In operational situations, this is usually shortened to simply "aye." In constrast to "Aye Aye sir," a response of "Yes Sir" usually indicates that the person understands but is contemplating performing the ordered task at a later time or date.

Ships Captain: "Lieutenant, I need those reports by 1400hrs."
Executive Officer: "Aye aye sir."

Officer of the Deck: "Helm, make your course 149."
Helmsman "Making course 149, aye."

(From US web site)

The two "ayes", acording to the Oxford dictionary, mean: always/by all means/with certainty/yes. That is exactly what jawohl means in German. The first "aye" means an emphatic "yes" and is still used with this meaning in parts of the UK.

The second "aye" means "indeed", "for sure", as in:

"Aye, she's a bonny wench!"

(Shades of Long John Silver!)

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gairith
Quote:

Originally Posted by Philipp_Thomsen
You too, talk to me, what you want for "new message received" sound?
Imagine I'm the McDonalds of sound mods, I'll make your special as ordered!

What I was thinking was having the sound file start with the typewriter sound a little longer and little quieter, as if the guy is in the next room over (about 25% lower) then the voice saying "Herr Kaleun"
I mean the radio operator has headphones on, I shouldn't hear the morse. If you can't make the typewriter "strikes" quieter then that's fine.

Got the idea! Working on it now! :up:

As far as the Yes sir file. Did they really say yes sir after each command or did they repeat the order given to confirm they heard it? What was protocol anyone know?

I think it was full of protocols with a new capitan, but once the crew had patrolled with him once or twice, I think that it was basically repeated orders. And besides, repeated orders sounds sooooooo much better. Do my sound pack have repeated orders? I dont remember... honestly... Im modding 90% of the time, almost never play the game.. :rotfl:
P.S. I love the two-way radio when switching torps. Very nice.

I like it too, thanks!

Above in yellow!

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fubar2Niner
Love it, Love it, Love it. What more can I say....oh yes..... I LOVE IT !!!!!!! :rock:

Best regards

Fubar2Niner

You forgot to mention that you LOVE IT! :rotfl:

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xristoskaiti

Works fine with RBs mod! Just enable it, no fear! :up:

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hylarion
Hi Thomsen,

Amazing work there :rock::rock::up::up:

i am using my own command_fr.cfg file to keep my french kb setiings with OLC's GUI mod. Could you tell me which modifications you've made on the command_en.cfg so that I can reproduce them to my own .cfg file??? please :smug:

Thanks Herr Kaleun

Almost at the end of the file, command number 341, replace the text with this:

[Cmd341]
Name=WP_Target_nearest_ship
Ctxt=1
MnID=0x3F140002
Str=1052
Key0=0x53,Cc,"CTRL S"
Key1=0x53,c,"CTRL S"

Best regards! :up:

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moscowexile
U.S. and Royal Navy protocol is (was?) as follows:

Aye aye sir!

Naval response indicating that an order has been received, is understood, and will be carried out immediately. In operational situations, this is usually shortened to simply "aye." In constrast to "Aye Aye sir," a response of "Yes Sir" usually indicates that the person understands but is contemplating performing the ordered task at a later time or date.

Ships Captain: "Lieutenant, I need those reports by 1400hrs."
Executive Officer: "Aye aye sir."

Officer of the Deck: "Helm, make your course 149."
Helmsman "Making course 149, aye."

(From US web site)

The two "ayes", acording to the Oxford dictionary, mean: always/by all means/with certainty/yes. That is exactly what jawohl means in German. The first "aye" means an emphatic "yes" and is still used with this meaning in parts of the UK.

The second "aye" means "indeed", "for sure", as in:

"Aye, she's a bonny wench!"

(Shades of Long John Silver!)

And what if I make a sound with just "JAWOHL", without the "herr kaleun" part?

If you like the idea, please send me those "CHE_Yes_Sir.ogg" files coz I don't have any of them for a long time now... :rotfl:

Uber Gruber 04-07-08 02:26 PM

Thanks for picking up the gauntlett re the radio message received sounds. I was using the extended radio message mod but i'm going to deactivate it as, to be honest, I'm only interested in hearing radio news about actual war events such as invasion of russia, battle of tobruk, crete etc....I'm really not interested in what other U-Boats are up to so.

But even with the extended radio message mod deactivated I still find the message received sounds difficult to appreciate. I like the morse, even though the radio operator would have earphones on. So my preference would be for just a short morse code sound and thats all......if thats possible then cool!

Still an excellent mod though.:up:

Philipp_Thomsen 04-07-08 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Uber Gruber
Thanks for picking up the gauntlett re the radio message received sounds. I was using the extended radio message mod but i'm going to deactivate it as, to be honest, I'm only interested in hearing radio news about actual war events such as invasion of russia, battle of tobruk, crete etc....I'm really not interested in what other U-Boats are up to so.

But even with the extended radio message mod deactivated I still find the message received sounds difficult to appreciate. I like the morse, even though the radio operator would have earphones on. So my preference would be for just a short morse code sound and thats all......if thats possible then cool!

Still an excellent mod though.:up:

So it would be a morse pizza for you and a typewritter pizza for that other guy above...

Anybody else?

melendir 04-08-08 04:06 AM

Quote:

So it would be a morse pizza for you and a typewritter pizza for that other guy above...

Anybody else?

I would like to have just short "dididit" -sound for radio message :hmm:
Not very official format, but it would serve it's purpose :)

...and I usually prefer Margherita Pizzas :rock:

ichso 04-08-08 06:00 AM

The Ctrl+S sound is really nice.
I didn't install the mod yet but I listened into the file from the speech folder.

Just wish my boat would have such a cool engine sound when travelling, too :D

xristoskaiti 04-08-08 10:19 AM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by xristoskaiti

Works fine with RBs mod! Just enable it, no fear! :up:

:D :D

Yorktown_Class 04-08-08 02:20 PM