SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [WIP] No sub renown mod. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=218232)

Admiral Halsey 02-06-15 10:56 PM

No sub renown mod.

Small mod i'm currently working on that with the exception of the IIA(since no one would downgrade to it after all) all subs should have no renown. This mod mainly stems from the fact I find needing renown to "buy" new subs as unrealistic. Currently in the testing phase right now checking to see if it works as intended. No other changes are going to be added so you'll still need renown to buy upgrades when they become available .

sublynx 02-07-15 01:36 AM

That's a nice change!

NYGM has that already implemented. (I'm not that sure how exactly as I don't pay much attention to renown because I've usually had enough of it as I like to use a type VII from the start of the war to the end of the career).

I wish somebody would mod SH3 Commander in a way that gave orders to me. Sending me to the Mediterranean or forcing me to captain a type IX for example.

Admiral Halsey 02-09-15 09:10 PM

Just finished up going from a VIIB to an IXB and nothing glitches out with the game. Now onto going upgrading from an IXB all the way to an IXD/42.

Admiral Halsey 02-24-15 06:24 PM

Just got the IX/D2 and everything works fine still. Transferred to the 11th and just have to survive until the XXI comes online. Making this mod has given me great practice for the later war years for sure.

Admiral Halsey 03-06-15 02:04 AM

Been having to restart the VII to IX to XXI test campaign 5 times now. Man post May 43 is rough.

Sailor Steve 03-06-15 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Admiral Halsey (Post 2285163)
I find needing renown to "buy" new subs as unrealistic.

Just a differing opinion. I feel exactly the opposite. When you start a new career you can choose a newer boat, and it doesn't cost anything. On the other hand I find being able to have a new boat just for the asking to be unrealistic. Nobody in any navy gets to pick and choose which ship they will command unless they have impressed the higher-ups that they are the best of the best and deserve the upgrade they are asking for. And that is what they call renown. :sunny:

Just two cents worth of nothing.

Admiral Halsey 03-07-15 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2294322)
Just a differing opinion. I feel exactly the opposite. When you start a new career you can choose a newer boat, and it doesn't cost anything. On the other hand I find being able to have a new boat just for the asking to be unrealistic. Nobody in any navy gets to pick and choose which ship they will command unless they have impressed the higher-ups that they are the best of the best and deserve the upgrade they are asking for. And that is what they call renown. :sunny:

Just two cents worth of nothing.

Fair point but IMO it shouldn't cost you the renown to get the subs. That's why I like SH4's renown system better. You still need the renown to get the subs but you don't lose any when you get a better one.