SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Cant Move the Hydrophone Manually (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238115)

RedFish395 07-18-18 10:40 PM

Cant Move the Hydrophone Manually

Just purchased SH4 v1.5 Gold with the U-Boat addition.

Steep learning curve 4sho.

Anyway, On the training mission piloting a Porpose I could train the hydropone around manually, but on a quick mission using a Gato or a Baloa (that's all i tried so far) i cant seem to get the hydrophone to swivel manually. Worked like a champ in training mission as mentioned. I tried toggling the follow contacts button...didn't seem to have an affect.

Anyway, am using a clean install of v1.5 (Gold) with '0' modding on a Dell with Win7 Pro.

Anyone 'hear' of this apparent bug before?

Thank you 4 any assistance in advance!

propbeanie 07-18-18 11:16 PM

First off, in the "root" folder of your install, which is generally "C:\Program Files (x86)\ Ubisoft\ Silent Hunter..." for most folks' initial installs, you should find a couple of jpeg files "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Back.jpg" and "SH4_Q-Ref_Card_Front.jpg". Open those babies, and you have your keyboard lay-out and short cuts. Print them and keep them handy for a while (or always, if you're like me and can't remember breakfast). Anyway, everything else ~except~ the sonar rotate controls are listed there... I know, I know... not a lot of help on this... Also, the "Follow Contacts" is only for the regular sonar man at the station, not for when you take his chair and sit there. If you either hit the <Home> and <End> keys, or scroll your mouse wheel, you should be able to rotate the heads. I'm in the USS Flounder, a Gato boat, doing the Ambush in the Palawan Passage, and doing fine with them. If you find otherwise, shout back and someone can get you going on that. :salute:

Lest I gorfet again: "Welcome to SubSim RedFish395!" :subsim:

mikesn9 07-19-18 05:29 AM

Yes, the problem is know.
You need to install a mod called " Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock"

there were 4 boats affected. Once the Mod is in then all the boats have their sonar working right

Text from Capt Scurvy:
Gato Sonar Bearing Indicator Fix_Stock
June, 2013

This fix allows the Sonar Bearing Indicator to be mouse controlled for the Gato class sonar unit.
This will also allow mouse control for the sonar units in the Gar, Tambor, and Balao class subs. It is JSGME compatible.

The fix is for the stock game patched to version 1.5 only. Any other mods activated, either before or after this fix, may cause unintended results.

Best Regards
CapnScurvy

propbeanie 07-19-18 08:58 AM

Good point, mikesn9 - completely slipped my mind (a slippery slope... :roll: ). Just for that, as punishment for me, I looked-up & found the SubSim link:

CapnScurvy's "Gato Sonar Bearing Fix_Stock"

:salute:

RedFish395 08-24-18 03:08 PM

Thanks i looked thru the mods and found what i needed before anyone replied. Should've posted that. Pays to look b4 whinning ;)

Wah my sonar head wont turn:k_confused:

THEBERBSTER 08-25-18 04:43 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > RedFish395
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below