SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Missions ongoing (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=236981)

bstanko6 03-20-18 03:20 PM

Missions ongoing

Hey guys, I noticed this. When i exit the game during a patrol I notice there are missions ongoing but nothing on my map.

Example: Its Nov of '39. I had two choices in the subpen. Eastern approach or north approach. I choose north approach.

During the patrol on the nav map I see the scapa flow mission pop up. I cant choose it, but I play it anyway. I go in sink some ships and get out. It doesnt seem like anything registers that I did anything here, but i got some tonnage out of it.

Then I play my patrol and now im in patrol 3.

On the map "breaking the fortress is done" and no longer on the nav map, but when I exit the game, it shows North, East and south west approaches on going as well as operation wesserbung. but these are not on my nav map. I believe i am not at those dates, but why would they be "ongoing" is this just a glitch?

and what about Scapa? shouldnt I have been able to select this mission?

THEBERBSTER 03-20-18 04:11 PM

hi b
The missions are all date orientated.
They come on and drop off the map whether you request them or not.
It is not compulsory to request missions although you are rewarded for completing in the form of crew bonus points.
Breaking the Fortress (BTF) will usually appear after you have probably requested the coastal mission,
Diverting to do BTF will still add tonnage to your game as you see in the Captain's Log and go towards your Career and boat upgrade.
At anyone time you can have 3 missions showing on your map.
Post #64 Open Horizons II > Campaign Dates > Bases > U-Boats > An Essential Guide
You can request anyone of these missions as many times as you wish until it completes its date and drops off the map.
Peter

bstanko6 03-20-18 04:58 PM

Ok. I did get points. Many points for the scraps flow. I was just making sure that this was registered.

Thanks.

Now reading the tutorial you gave me, it shows south west approach as starting in a month, but shows ongoing in my game.

But it isn't on my map, so I guess it's no big deal. I was just curious.

HW3 03-20-18 08:46 PM

I believe all the missions of a selected campaign will show as ongoing till they reach their end date. Only the missions that are in their active dates will show on the map.

vdr1981 03-20-18 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2546226)
Ok. I did get points. Many points for the scraps flow. I was just making sure that this was registered.

Thanks.

Now reading the tutorial you gave me, it shows south west approach as starting in a month, but shows ongoing in my game.

But it isn't on my map, so I guess it's no big deal. I was just curious.

That's quite normal. On exiting screen you'll always get noticed about currently active, upcoming and expired objectives.

bstanko6 03-21-18 12:06 AM

I appreciate gentlemen.