SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] patSH3r - Reborn (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222180)

SquareSteelBar 01-11-16 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 2372393)
...In the first post is written:

Current revision: 34...

It's the 36

Magic1111 01-11-16 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SquareSteelBar (Post 2372397)
It's the 36

Hmm, okay!

But in the patSH3r.cfg File from the d/l Link on Post #1 I donīt find entries for the "Supid petty officer bugfix", therefore my question!

Fader_Berg 01-11-16 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 2372393)
Where can I download the r36?

In the first post is written:

Current revision: 34

Thx in forward!

I forgot to update the nummer, sorry. I'll fix it.

The stupid petty officer is a permanent fix. You can't disable it. It may have been a bad decision?

rowi58 01-11-16 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fader_Berg (Post 2372422)
The stupid petty officer is a permanent fix. You can't disable it. It may have been a bad decision?

Hi Fader Berg,

i don't think that it is a bad decision. In CCoM all Petty Officer have a (special) qualification, fixed in the Crew_Config*.cfg files (data/cfg; 12 files). Not all (only in type II), in the types VII, IX and XXI 4 Petty Officer have no qualification so the player can ad one as he like it. But i think your fix don't hurt this CCoM solution.

Greetings
rowi58

Magic1111 01-11-16 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fader_Berg (Post 2372422)
I forgot to update the nummer, sorry. I'll fix it.

Thx FB for fixing it! :up:

And how rowi wrote, it is a good fix! :salute:

Magic1111 01-11-16 03:03 PM

Sorry, another question in regarding the Night vision settings...:oops:

# --- Night vision factor -----------------------------------------------------
# Night vision factor sets the view range penalty for darkness at night.
# 1.0 = no penalty, 0.5 half view range, 0.66 = h.sie mode, 0.0 = off

What's the difference between 1.0 = no penalty and 0.0 = off?

Is no penalty and off not the same? :hmmm:

I play with Night vision factor disabled in h.sie patch, because I donīt like this.

What is now the best setting in your fix for me, 1.0 or 0.0?

Best regards,
Magic

Fader_Berg 01-11-16 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magic1111 (Post 2372498)
Sorry, another question in regarding the Night vision settings...:oops:

# --- Night vision factor -----------------------------------------------------
# Night vision factor sets the view range penalty for darkness at night.
# 1.0 = no penalty, 0.5 half view range, 0.66 = h.sie mode, 0.0 = off

What's the difference between 1.0 = no penalty and 0.0 = off?

Is no penalty and off not the same? :hmmm:

I play with Night vision factor disabled in h.sie patch, because I donīt like this.

What is now the best setting in your fix for me, 1.0 or 0.0?

Best regards,
Magic

The result is the same. If you use 0.0, UBI-code is guaranteed to run. So I would go for 0.0 if I wanted original behaviour.

Magic1111 01-13-16 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fader_Berg (Post 2372525)
The result is the same. If you use 0.0, UBI-code is guaranteed to run. So I would go for 0.0 if I wanted original behaviour.

Thx FB, I set 0.0 in your Fix! :up:

:salute:

ShadowStalker887 01-14-16 12:36 PM

Its a bit of a big ask, but I'm curious; have you found anything that might allow the game to handle more subs? So that we can have functioning VIIC/41's and VIIC/42's?

Anvar1061 01-14-16 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowStalker887 (Post 2373486)
Its a bit of a big ask, but I'm curious; have you found anything that might allow the game to handle more subs? So that we can have functioning VIIC/41's and VIIC/42's?

SH3 Commander

Fader_Berg 01-14-16 03:31 PM

No. I've never thought of it. It's probably impossible bit I'll have a look on it later on.

Niedowidek 01-19-16 07:20 AM

Hey,

It seems that I have some problem with revision 36.

When I surface, I get CTD.

When I change patch to revision 32, there is no crash on surfacing.

My modlist if it's relevant:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=47

Hitman 01-20-16 03:56 AM

I shut down the normal crew fatigue and watches system long in favour of a different system suggested by Kaa long ago: My crew suffers progressive fatigue during the whole patrol, so that they are exhausted -but will never stop working completely- after one or three months at sea, depending on the Uboat type. I change that manually for each boat in SH3 Commander.

But looking at your fixes regarding the stupid petty officer and the watch officer, I wondered if you are planning to somehow make a more comprehensive automation of the crew system and implement auto-shift rotation and such.

It would be good to leave to the player only the task of clicking on the menu buttons that either call surface attack, torpedo attack or normal cruising, as a way of implementing calling/quitting battlestations. As in SH4, more or less.

Fader_Berg 01-20-16 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niedowidek (Post 2374911)
Hey,

It seems that I have some problem with revision 36.

When I surface, I get CTD.

When I change patch to revision 32, there is no crash on surfacing.

My modlist if it's relevant:
http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/show...1&postcount=47

What if you disable wo_to_bridge?
Are you using the steam or another version of SH3?

Fader_Berg 01-20-16 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hitman (Post 2375164)
I shut down the normal crew fatigue and watches system long in favour of a different system suggested by Kaa long ago: My crew suffers progressive fatigue during the whole patrol, so that they are exhausted -but will never stop working completely- after one or three months at sea, depending on the Uboat type. I change that manually for each boat in SH3 Commander.

But looking at your fixes regarding the stupid petty officer and the watch officer, I wondered if you are planning to somehow make a more comprehensive automation of the crew system and implement auto-shift rotation and such.

It would be good to leave to the player only the task of clicking on the menu buttons that either call surface attack, torpedo attack or normal cruising, as a way of implementing calling/quitting battlestations. As in SH4, more or less.

I made a crew rotation feature years ago. But it got so complicated and cumbersome to manage the rotation schedule in game - since there is no interface for it. I made it remember which two crew members that was last made swaping place with each other, and rotated them when one of them got tired.

If anyone can come up with an bright idea how to manage the crew rotation - other than the quite messed up solution I already tried, I'm in for it.

Is it possible to add a such feature to SH3 Commander, or isn't it developed anymore?