SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   [REL] Environmental MOD for Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=166178)

Reece 10-04-10 06:39 PM

Excellent! Thanks.:yep:
Quote:

Originally Posted by W_clear http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif
Environmental 3.8 MOD replace all the Environmental MOD
I notice this is only 8mb in size compared to other versions being around 30mb, is this just a patch for 3.7?:hmmm:

W_clear 10-04-10 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reece (Post 1509093)
Excellent! Thanks.:yep:

I notice this is only 8mb in size compared to other versions being around 30mb, is this just a patch for 3.7?:hmmm:

Abolition of the environment sound。

Will-Rommel 10-05-10 09:44 AM

Why did you choose to remove the sound clear?

ACSoft 10-05-10 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACSoft (Post 1506072)
Thank-you W_Clear for this fantastic mod !!!

I am just discovering it right now. I must say, I was sceptical that such a mod would bring much. I mean, SH5 is reputed to have only one strong point: the visual (LOL). So, I though that such a mod was probably just a matter of tastes. But I was completely wrong. Your mod really improve a lot of things. Try it, is adopting it !!! :03: :yeah: :salute:

I have a question:

With this mod, is-it important to have 3d clouds feature enabled or it doesn't make a big difference ?

I mean, perhaps some feature require 3d clouds (Moon behind clouds) ?

Thanks in forward for any clues on that matter.

ACS

May I hope that W_Clear or somebody else will answer to my question about the 3d clouds ?

Again, thanks in forward.

ACS

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-05-10 10:02 AM

I use the All Clouds mod to supplement this envirnonment mod. It brings some nice 3D clouds and it also hides the moon and sun behind clouds. However it overwrites some of W.Clear's files.

Ragtag 10-05-10 03:45 PM

Thanks for the update. Seems like the crashes are gone to :D
keep up the good work :yeah:

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-05-10 04:26 PM

Actually it still crashes on me. Removed the files and no more crashes.

oscar19681 10-05-10 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by W_clear http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/smartdark/viewpost.gif
Environmental 3.8 MOD replace all the Environmental MOD

So i should uninstall Environmental 2.0 and just use Environmental 3.8? Maybe that causes the crashes?

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-05-10 09:15 PM

No remove the first two files in the data/Env folder. That seems to solve the CTD problem at least for me.

W_clear 10-05-10 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Will-Rommel (Post 1509447)
Why did you choose to remove the sound clear?

Someone say to me: Do not put the file has nothing to do with the environment 。:dead:

W_clear 10-05-10 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker (Post 1509673)
Actually it still crashes on me. Removed the files and no more crashes.

No more crashes of the reason is that the original ClimateZones.tga, your patrol area in Color40,If you run the game where the junction meets Climate,Still crashes,Do you understand?

W_clear 10-05-10 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker (Post 1509793)
No remove the first two files in the data/Env folder. That seems to solve the CTD problem at least for me.

Do not use my data / Env folder, it will be meaningless environmental MOD,When I run the environment in the MOD, I almost no crashes, and I also use time compression to 2048 times。

DavyJonesFootlocker 10-05-10 10:35 PM

Quote:

No more crashes of the reason is that the original ClimateZones.tga, your patrol area in Color40,If you run the game where the junction meets Climate,Still crashes,Do you understand?
Erm, what?:06: I'd admit I don't know the intricacies of modding but like I said I installed your latest mod and I got CTDs. I also read that removing those said files will make it more stable.

Zedi 10-06-10 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by W_clear (Post 1509814)

Quote:

Originally Posted by W_clear (Post 1509816)
Do not use my data / Env folder, it will be meaningless environmental MOD,When I run the environment in the MOD, I almost no crashes, and I also use time compression to 2048 times。

Sorry, but I think I will need subtitles for these quotes. :DL What are you trying to say is that the .tga file is fixed now? Because I don't see any change compared to the previous version. And that file was the main reason why I got countless ctd's with this mod.

And I saw no problem with Ail clouds installed over this mod. Ail clouds gives a very significant change over the cloud models, they look extremely realistic.

W_clear 10-06-10 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DavyJonesFootlocker (Post 1509837)
Erm, what?:06: I'd admit I don't know the intricacies of modding but like I said I installed your latest mod and I got CTDs. I also read that removing those said files will make it more stable.

Environmental 3.9 MOD for SH5_1.2
Fixed errors in Climate and Weather, Climate and Weather is wrong in the Environment 3.8. Sorry.:salute: