SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Best of Subsim (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   The 2009 Best of Subsim Awards! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=158372)

Aramike 11-18-09 11:38 PM

The 2009 Best of Subsim Awards!

That's right - this year (and hopefully annually thereafter), we will be taking some time to celebrate the best and brightest of the Subsim Community. To do so, we've been working behind the scenes to organize the first Best of Subsim Awards!

All winners will, for the next year, have a Best of Subsim medal posted next to their names and avatars. The TOP winners will be receiving prizes courtesy of Neal Stevens.

A committee of random and select members has been formed to to cast their votes for the best in our community, but we need your help finding candidates for the following categories:
  • Best Poster OTY
  • Best Midshipman Poster OTY
  • Best Thread OTY
  • Best Post OTY
  • Funniest Post OTY
  • Mod OTY
  • Modder OTY
  • Most Helpful Member OTY
  • Moderator OTY
  • Subsim Commander Award (Member who best embodies Subsim and its culture)
This list is certainly not final.

So please, link us up to posts and members you think are deserving of recognition. All of the committee members will be monitoring this thread and will then take the ideas into voting. The top two will be selected for a final vote, and the winners and runners up will be determined.

Thanks in advance for your help! All questions, comments, nomination recommendations are welcome here.

kiwi_2005 11-19-09 06:00 AM

Scary man... :o

I hate these types of forum competitions cause i never get anywhere :har:

I'll just go and hide for a couple of weeks till its all over :arrgh!:

antikristuseke 11-19-09 06:02 AM

Since I am generally a crap poster and not on the committee, I am safe :)

papa_smurf 11-19-09 06:26 AM

"Find a nice hiding spot and don't come out till its over":salute:

antikristuseke 11-19-09 06:57 AM

Or "Take it like a man, just bite the pillow and cry a little."

SteamWake 11-19-09 08:28 AM

Oh brother like we dont have enough egos around here already :haha:

Dowly 11-19-09 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamWake (Post 1205763)

Oh so true. :haha:

danlisa 11-19-09 11:50 AM

Nice Idea.:up:

Member with the best Sigs -> I nominate Dowly.

:D

Schultz 11-19-09 12:29 PM

Modder OTY
Karamazovnew

Elder-Pirate 11-19-09 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SteamWake (Post 1205763)

Double what he said. :hmmm:

Rapt0r56 11-19-09 02:11 PM

Very difficult, many great people out there. But in my opinion DivingDuck should get the Award:
Most Helpful Member OTY. Simply the Support on his Mods are great fast and correct. He also helps me alot with some S3D tricks.:yep:

papa_smurf 11-19-09 03:08 PM

Do we really want to make Dowly's ego any bigger? Imagine the consequences :har:

CaptainHaplo 11-19-09 06:54 PM

When you nominate someone, please provide a link to something that shows why you feel they should be in the running.

A thread link, mod posting or discussion, etc - so it can be reviewed.

Also, while there is always the risks of ego clashes, and Subsim has seen its share, this is planned on being a yearly occurance that will simply help recognize the people who go above and beyond in making Subsim a home for many of us. Thus, getting in an "ego" contest over it would be counterproductive to winning. :yeah:

Snestorm 11-20-09 02:12 AM

Most helpful? Easy.: Carotio.
If you haven't seen enough in the threads (hard to believe), check out his site carotio.dk.
Lots of help, in lots of languages.

I'm goin' down 11-20-09 02:35 AM

Mod of the Year

Easy AoB mod by Nicolas and ddgrn. First of a new generation of mods re manual targeting. Over 6,000 hits to his mod.

Also, TMO 1.7 to 1.8 Beta and 1.9 by Ducimus. Incredible supermod.

Also, gutted's Solution Solver Program. Amazing work with Youtube videos to accompany it. Combines all aspects of manual targeting in an O'kane attack.

Most helpful, Peabody and Webster. Among other things they, and cbsubron, are working on resurrecting old single missions into a library.

Best Subsim Commander, Rockin Robbins, even though he sunk a U.S. carieer.:har: He is all over the site, cajoling, encouraging, pleading, bitching and thanking all of the members.