SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] STzSinkingShipsFix (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=138984)

Subtype Zero 07-04-08 07:53 PM

[REL] STzSinkingShipsFix

STzSinkingShipFix released!
------------------------------

Stops Foundering Ships in Heavy Seas

In several of my patrols, I have noticed some ships seem to have a great deal of difficulty navigating heavy seas. How many times have you approached a juicy target that has no apparent damage, only to hear the creak and groan sound that tells you the ship is slowly sinking? What's more, if you put an eel into her, you frequently don't even get credit for the kill?!! How unfair is that!? :p

This mod is designed to end the sinking ship bug that exists for ships like the Tramp Steamer, Granville Type Freighter, Landing Ship Tank, and others once and for all! Simply unzip the file to your MODS folder, install via JSGME, and enjoy! As a special treat, even though it doesn't have a sinking problem, I have made some non-graphic adjustments to the C3 Cargo so that it doesn't look quite so bulky and out of place next to all of the other merchant ships.

I hope you enjoy this mod. If there are any other ships that you feel have that "sinking" feeling, please let me know and I will try to fix them, too. For example, please note that I have not looked at any of the warships yet, so warships are not included in this fix. :cry: If there is enough interest, I will consider working on them, as well. Finally, please direct any questions, problems, or criticisms to me in this thread. I look forward to your feedback! You can get my mod here: http://hosted.filefront.com/SubTypeZero/

Good hunting!

coronas 07-05-08 06:57 AM

Downloaded. I'll give a try. Good work. :up:

bert8for3 07-05-08 07:08 AM

Very nice :up:

von hally 07-05-08 10:27 AM

well done:up:

Laufen zum Ziel 07-05-08 11:35 AM

Just downloaded. Many thanks for your work.

Laufen zum Ziel 07-05-08 11:38 AM

BTW:

I will link your download site to the Silent Hunter Addict
SH3 mods page if it's OK with you.

Subtype Zero 07-05-08 01:35 PM

Thank you, guys!

Be sure to let me know of any problems or oddities.

Ivan Putski 07-05-08 02:32 PM

A well done to you, thanks for this mod.

Subtype Zero 07-17-08 11:47 PM

STzSinkingShipFix2.1 released

I have just updated the sinking ship fix to include the HMS Aquitania, the Large Troopship, and the Ocean Liner. Hopefully, these ships should no longer slowly come to a stop and sink when undamaged. Please note that my changes do not alter the graphics of any ship in the game, just the "mass" value and sometimes the "gc_height" value in the .sim file so the ship is less likely to take on water in high seas.

This mod is designed to replace the .sim files of the selected ships in both 1.4b and GWX 2.1, but should work with any mod, with the exception of the LifeBoats&DebrisOptionalFiles mod (optional neutral bouyancy mod) because of changes to the .sim files of the selected ships.

Thank you VonDos for kindly allowing me to use your .sim file for the Cunard passenger liner as a starting point for this version of the mod. :up:

SquareSteelBar 07-18-08 03:41 AM

Hi Subtype,

thanks for that.. but the link drives me to v2.0 instead to v2.1 !? :hmm:

So long,
SquareSteelBar ;)

Subtype Zero 07-18-08 01:23 PM

Linky fixed. :oops: Click on the link below my signature.

SquareSteelBar 07-19-08 09:43 AM

:up:

ulysses 08-29-08 04:11 AM

where is the 1.2 ?

hi,
first ...thanks for your time and for the good job......in the read me file you wrote that the version 2.1 of the sinking fix is an addition to the version 1.2.....i coudn't find the link for the original mod. wher i can find the 1.2 ?

thank you and good hunting

ulysses

Subtype Zero 08-29-08 02:37 PM

Version 2.1 includes all of the ships already contained in 2.0, plus three additional ships.

Or, are you saying you don't want the additional ships included in 2.1? :hmm: If you want to get rid of the three additional ships in 2.1, just delete the folders for these ships. The folder names are NLUS, NPPL, and NLPL. (Be sure to disable the mod first)!!

If you are uncomfortable deleting stuff, I have already provided separate links for both 2.0 and 2.1. :up:

EDIT: Now I see what you mean by version 1.2. Version 1.2 is for my TrampSteamerFix. Both STzSinkingShipFix 2.0 and 2.1 replace and add to the TrampSteamerFix. Don't use the TrampSteamerFix mod anymore since it only contains fixes for the tramp steamer and is out of date, to boot. I will edit the readme file to try and make that a little more clear.

Drakken 08-29-08 02:42 PM

Is it compatible with GWX? :arrgh!: