SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH5 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   How to post mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232750)

Moldycheese 07-27-17 01:30 PM

How do I post mods?

I've just finished creating a simple mod and now I want to post it for everyone to enjoy but I don't know how.:06: Can someone please tell me how?

gap 08-02-17 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moldycheese (Post 2503070)
I've just finished creating a simple mod and now I want to post it for everyone to enjoy but I don't know how.:06: Can someone please tell me how?

Most modders upload their mods to mediafire. It is free, and over the years it has proved to be a reliable data storage/sharing service.

Another good alternative is uploading your mods to subsim, but you need to ask Neal or one of the moderators for uploading privileges first :up:

Onkel Neal 08-06-17 12:59 PM

gap, I'm surprised at you. :D

Actually, your first choice should be Subsim. Mediafire will be gone and all the files with it in 5 years. Subsim is permanent. We were here long before Mediafire and will be here until the end of all time. I even have a clone bank so Onkel Neal 4.0 will pick up where I leave off.

Moldycheese, you did send me a PM a few days ago and thank you, you are a Modman. :Kaleun_Wink: Free tattoo kit is in the mail.

gap 08-09-17 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onkel Neal (Post 2505083)
gap, I'm surprised at you. :D

Actually, your first choice should be Subsim. Mediafire will be gone and all the files with it in 5 years. Subsim is permanent. We were here long before Mediafire and will be here until the end of all time. I even have a clone bank so Onkel Neal 4.0 will pick up where I leave off.

Moldycheese, you did send me a PM a few days ago and thank you, you are a Modman. :Kaleun_Wink: Free tattoo kit is in the mail.

Hi Neal, you are totally right: salute:

Sure enough, all my game tweaks worth being called "Mods", are on subsim, and over the years I have also helped several modders sharing their mods on our servers. On the other hand, as you might know, most of the personal stuff I am sharing is meant to be included in other's mods, and I dont want to spam the download area with unfinished/unplayable stuff. This is where mediafire comes in handy, and I think other modders share the same view, seeing how common Mediafire links are on the subsim forums.

My first suggestion to the OP, was done thinking that, as a newcomer, he might have been too impatient to share his first little mod with the community for waiting for the privileges required uploading mods here, but I definitely agree with you that subsim is the place where state-of-art mods must be :)