SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   Any issues with SH5 Amazon Download version? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=238703)

Atony94 09-25-18 07:29 PM

Any issues with SH5 Amazon Download version?

Hello,

Casual subsimmer returning here. I got so frustrated with the steam version of SH5 and trying all the different work arounds provided by the awesome community here :subsim: to get the necessary patches and mods running but I ended up with just uninstalling the game and going back to SH4.

Recently had an interest to get back into SH5 (been on a german WW2 sim kick lately with Post Scriptum, Il2 BoS, and now SH5 :03:) but I don't want to deal with steam's nonsense. I found a version on amazon that'd downloadable HERE but I'm wondering if it's just going to be the same issues again or if it'll be just like having a DVD copy?

vdr1981 09-25-18 08:24 PM

Before you spend your money you should know that the latest "The Wolves of Steel" megamod should work just fine with v1.2.0 Steam version of the game.:yep:

Cheers!:salute:

Atony94 09-25-18 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570127)
Before you spend your money you should know that the latest "The Wolves of Steel" megamod should work just fine with v1.2.0 Steam version of the game.:yep:

Cheers!:salute:

I read a few posts saying that but that there's also still problems with TDW patcher?

vdr1981 09-25-18 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Atony94 (Post 2570132)
I read a few posts saying that but that there's also still problems with TDW patcher?

Not with TWoS because it contains Sputerfish's "Steam conversion tool" in the installer.

And to answer your original question...All SH5 versions except Steam are perfectly moddable (generic patcher ECT).

Atony94 09-26-18 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vdr1981 (Post 2570134)
Not with TWoS because it contains Sputerfish's "Steam conversion tool" in the installer.

And to answer your original question...All SH5 versions except Steam are perfectly moddable (generic patcher ECT).

Hm alright great. I'll give it a go with steam then. All I really want to run is TWoS anyways. If I have any headaches cause of steam I'll just get the amazon version it's only $10 :Kaleun_Thumbs_Up:

Thanks for the help! Happy hunting! :Kaleun_Cheers:

Penner10000 09-26-18 03:18 PM

But the steam version just forward you to Uplay, so in real, it is not a steam game.

ouPhrontis 09-27-18 02:47 AM

I can confirm that the Steam/UPlay run SH5 takes the TWoS mod-set a-okay. I've come across some minor bugs, but nothing that appears to be unique to Steam/UPlay, nor game-breaking.

visible_damage 10-03-18 07:34 PM

I have the steam version and I have the wolves of Steel over the top... No problems with running the game...
I made sure I followed the instructions here on subsim and watched a few vids on the install of it all.
Worth the time to look at the instructions

Sniper450 10-24-18 07:47 PM

I have the amazon version and after launching sh5 it does the intro movie then it disappears and I am in uplay. I select play the game offline and it goes through the same loop....movie to uplay. I have it updated to 1.2 and exe files are set to run as admin. Help!

okay found a fix and its working...now to find mods

Fifi 10-25-18 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sniper450 (Post 2574015)
...now to find mods

Mods are found in TWOS Part file and can be enabled with TWOS Jsgme.
Be aware activating others mod found elsewhere (here on forum download) are certainly not compatible, or can brake TWOS features :yep:
TWOS is already made of hundred of mods existing here but adjusted so they work as intended; hence the very long loading time BTW...
Activating others mods is at your own risk :salute:

THEBERBSTER 10-25-18 04:20 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > visible damage
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below