SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Easter Eggs in SHIV Addon (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133112)

Dowly 04-04-08 06:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly
Possibly another easter egg or personal remark from the artist?

In the Textures/Tnormal/Tex, there's a file called Captainroom_captainslog and in it, there's one blank page, with "In the sumer, we go to make history" written on it. I tried looking for it ingame, both US & German offices, but didnt find it. :hmm:

You'll see it very briefly when opening up the captain's log in either office.

Aye, I knew it was somewhere in the logbook, but never got a glimpse of it. But, I claim this as an easter egg! Now, give me my cookie! :stare:

Crosseye76 04-27-08 10:49 PM

/cookie Dowly.

There ya go !

Defiance 05-12-08 12:59 AM

Hiya's,
Dunno if it's only in 1.5, But if you hold the shift key down when using radar, The blip or blips turn into a big smiley lol

If this has already been noted just del this post ;)

Happy Huntings

Ciao

Def

Sailor Steve 05-12-08 11:43 AM

The radar smileys are in the stock game.

But don't worry; it's cool that you pointed them out again.:sunny:

Petur 06-11-08 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M. Sarsfield
It's the Flying Dutchman. Someone posted a video of the encounter a few months ago. I think the Dutchman even fired off a volley of its cannons.

i have heard of this few times and i realy want to see a picture of it. :hmm:

Takao 07-09-08 09:53 AM

While working to change the German Names to Japanese names, I came across this

[CrewMember 36]
ID= Agent
NameDisplayable= Austin Powers
CrewMemberNameIDLinks= NormalUSNames,CommonUSNames
DateOfBirth= 1918-01-01
Head= 1
Voice= 3
Tatoo= NULL
Rank= USAgent
CurrentExperience= 0
Qualifications= NULL
SpecialLocalAbilities= NULL
SpecialGlobalAbilities= NULL
IntelligenceCoef= 0.5
LeadershipCoef= 0.8
MechanicalCoef= 0.5
ElectricsCoef= 0.1
GunsCoef= 0.6
WatchmanCoef= 0.5
Medals=
Patrols= 0
Morale= Normal
FatigueCoef= 0
Hitpoints= 5
RenownCost= 0

Austin Powers is in the game!

Herr_Pete 07-09-08 11:39 AM

i have never really read much or looked into but what is thhis whole Easter Egg thing :-?

Sailor Steve 07-09-08 03:57 PM

An easter egg in this context is something placed into the game by its makers that shouldn't be there. In SH3 there was a submarine under construction in the home ports, and underneath it were a couple of equipment crates with the logo of the band U-2 on them. In SH4 there are...well, that's what this thread is about.

You find them in almost every game, and it's a game in itself just to spot them and point them out to other players.

If you have a DVD of Star Wars Episode II (I think it is), when the ships are descending to the planet for the big battle if you freeze-frame it, through the window of one of the ships you can see the pilot is Homer Simpson. That's an easter egg.

FIREWALL 08-01-08 10:10 AM

That they didn't put Homer Simpsons name in the crew list of SH4 is unforgivable. :p :yep: :rotfl: :arrgh!:

Jimbuna 08-01-08 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FIREWALL
That they didn't put Homer Simpsons name in the crew list of SH4 is unforgivable. :p :yep: :rotfl: :arrgh!:

You can just imagine it....Herr Homer :lol:

kylania 09-09-08 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord_FLB
Ahoi Kaleuns,

modding the *.cfg/txt files I've found this:

NR.1:
--menu.txt--
Strategic Messages:
7624= As one of the most successfull Commanding Officer of the U-Boat Fleet, world ever seen, you'll be a well respected Admiral in the NATO. In the 21th century Ubisoft use your knowledge to develop Silent Hunter III.

HarHar... nice joke... but why Ubi didn't have done like they had promised ?:rotfl:

Did someone else found other eggs ?

Way necro, but this is a sticky. ;) Anyway, that's talking about Herr Oesten, the guy they got to help design SH III. You can see some of the videos with him here:

http://www.silenthunteriii.com/uk/videos.php

Kipparikalle 09-11-08 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Hartmann
Not sure if this is a SH4 or the add-on but was on Patrol off Japan and had enemy warship sighting. I had outside views on and so a long way off in the dark moonless night something was glowing and as I got closer I couldn't believe what I saw. it was a four masted sailing ship glowing in the dark and under full sail. Pretty funny stuff. I got a screen capture of and will post later. The Flying Dutchman live!

Pix or it didnt happen

SteamWake 09-11-08 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kipparikalle
Quote:

Originally Posted by E.Hartmann
Not sure if this is a SH4 or the add-on but was on Patrol off Japan and had enemy warship sighting. I had outside views on and so a long way off in the dark moonless night something was glowing and as I got closer I couldn't believe what I saw. it was a four masted sailing ship glowing in the dark and under full sail. Pretty funny stuff. I got a screen capture of and will post later. The Flying Dutchman live!

Pix or it didnt happen

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=140989

Kipparikalle 09-12-08 05:26 AM

Awesome

Jimbuna 09-12-08 09:55 AM

The old Flying Dutchman :lol:

Came across her a few times...even put her in SH3 once :up: