SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL] Einbecker`s - Spirit of machines - Audioevent Vol 1.0 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=122980)

chris 10-03-07 12:42 PM

[REL] Einbecker`s - Spirit of machines - Audioevent Vol 1.0

http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/8...nes3ly7.th.jpg

Notice: I have combined one sound with WeO/WaO order, which I do not use.
WeO/WaO_K/P/S_Marking_nearest_ship > (Diesel engine start)

Table of content
  • Diesel engine start: To start the engines manuell, it was necessary to combine the sound with one the officers orders. WeO/WaO order was the best way, because it allows to overlay the normal engine sound to the start sequence. Also you can start the engines when you are using the snorkel.
  • Rudder electric power steering: Different sounds for port/starboard inclusive evasion maneuver (Double turn port/starboard) and order (Returning to course)
  • Trim pump: When pressing key for dive and setting the new depth manuell on the depth gauge. If you are on silent running, you will only hear the dive planes switches
  • Radar: different electric engines sounds for Radar extend and rotation
  • Recharging batteries
  • Standard propulsion
Addon for XXI
  • Extend dive planes: ChE_K/P/S_Periscope_depth
  • Tube automatic loading system
Of course you can use it for all other typ of u-boats!

To make this mod JSGME compatible, it is necessary to copy the files from folder 1 into the folders 2 –9. Spirit of machines Audioevent Vol. 1.0 was tested with SilentHunter III Patch 1.4b but without warranties of any kind. It is strictly forbidden to use this mod for commercial purposes of any kind.
Credits: Special thanks goes to the modders of „Das Boot“ Sound Mod.

http://hosted.filefront.com/einbecker/

Alex 10-03-07 01:03 PM

Sincere respect from me one more time, mate, you really have found good samples, it looks just real. :huh:

Congratulations ! :rock:

Hawk U-375 10-03-07 04:07 PM

Just checked them out....Really Great work...:up:

Venatore 10-04-07 04:32 AM

Excellent addition. This is a really good mod, a must have in my opinion ! :up:

Cezbor 10-04-07 07:55 AM

I'll try it, thanks in advance:yep:

Paajtor 10-04-07 11:05 AM

I love the ideas for this mod. :yep:
And thx for not neglecting the XXI!

But is it normal, that the OGG-sounds don't play correct, when I just open them up (with JetAudio, full version)?
The examples (OGG>WAV) play just fine...the others sound like an alien with a distorted robot-voice.

I would like to know, if this is normal, before I install the mod.

chris 10-04-07 12:47 PM

Thank you, Sirs.

In the next days I will release Command & Combat Vol. 2.

@Paajtor

I can`t imagine, that your sound-problem has something to do with the ogg-files. All example wav files were taken from them. On my PC both sound formats have the same quality:hmm:

Paajtor 10-04-07 02:02 PM

That's odd...I tested a few ogg-files that were already in SHIII, and they have the same alien-like sound. Can't remember ever having heard that, but I guess it's meant to be that way, and correctly played-back ingame.

To be sure my PC still can play oggs as always, I also tested the ogg-songs I have in my grammophone-folder, and those sound like they have to.

Strange, isn't it?
Anyway, your mod seems to work now...gj, thx!:up:

Klaus_Doldinger 10-04-07 06:18 PM

Nice mod! I´m specially impressed with the starting diesels file:o :D :up: !! Thank you!

BTW: which is the last phrase? perhaps "Diesel Motoren anlaufen?"

Borgneface 10-05-07 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Venatore
Excellent addition. This is a really good mod, a must have in my opinion ! :up:

It looks like a great mod and I am downloading it now.....I did not hesitate once i read Venatore comment :)

Now just one little question I hope that Venatore will know the answer..
I am using "Tikigod's Engine Orders Telegraph Sound Pack FUll Version (German)" which I downloaded on "JCWolf Harbour" (Great site by the way). Are these 2 mods compatible together?

Tnak you for your help
Good hunt to all.

:arrgh!:

Klaus_Doldinger 10-05-07 08:13 AM

Totally compatible, as far as I have experienced.:yep:

Borgneface 10-05-07 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klaus_Doldinger
Totally compatible, as far as I have experienced.:yep:

Ah! Thank you this is good news:up:

Alex 10-05-07 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris
In the next days I will release Command & Combat Vol. 2.

:up: !

Borgneface 10-05-07 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris
....To make this mod JSGME compatible, it is necessary to copy the files from folder 1 into the folders 2 –9.

Ok I beg you all not to laugh....:doh:

But this is the first time I have to do this for a sound MOD! Could you confirm that I understand correctly:
" I hace to copy all files from folder 1, into folder2, 3, etc.....? and do I have to do the Same for the XXI folder?
Also is it possible to have the Spirit of machine sound for the XXI install at the same time ? :roll:

nikbear 10-06-07 03:07 AM

I and some others asked this last time about the other mod chris did and never got an answer:nope: people don't (or won't) understand that some of us aren't as computer savvy as the rest and need some help regarding this issue.Why modders don't use JSGME is beyond me:damn: its so much easier for people to use and if there are any conflicts with anything you are using,2 clicks and its gone,simple.:yep: as the saying goes "it doesn't make you any better a carpenter because you can bang nails into wood with your bare hands,the smart guy uses a hammer";)