SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Anything here for the US Fleet Boat types? (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132013)

kverdon 03-01-08 12:11 PM

Anything here for the US Fleet Boat types?

Hi,

Been looking at the comments from folks about the expansion. My question is if there is anything here for someone who wants to just stick to US Fleet Boats for a while or am I better off just sticking to TMO/RSRD with 1.4?

thanks,

Kevin

Boris 03-01-08 12:36 PM

Theres numerous fixes to the engine such increased FPS, graphics fixes, and faster load times. Also there's new ships and new harbours, etc.

...it's up to you, though I suspect 1.5 will evntually become the norm anyway.

AkbarGulag 03-01-08 12:43 PM

If you just like the fleetboats, the most obvious updates, and possibly the only ones really, is the Submarine's equipment screen. Thats proably the best bit. Nothing new for the Fleetboat campaign.

As boris said, there are some engine improvements. But TM is not compatable with 1.5 (you said you liked TM). There are new features that are strictly in the U-boat campaign. But in time, modders may be able to 'import' some of this.

If you did upgrade, Lurker has made his RSRD compatable with 1.5. RFB is not far off either by the sounds of it.

AVGWarhawk 03-01-08 12:54 PM

Yes, more for the fleet boats. Better running game also. For $10.00, you can not go wrong here. :up:

Madox58 03-01-08 03:46 PM

I agree that for $10 bucks you can't go wrong.
I noticed faster loading right off the bat!!
I haven't done much with SH4 in awhile but I'm impressed so far.
And the new River Class?
:rock:

Raptor1 03-01-08 03:52 PM

I think this is worth picking up just for the chance of a future mod putting the Scout aircraft in the Fleet Boat campaign...

Also, as a general fan of the Fleet Boats, i must say i enjoy the U-Boat campaign quite a lot

tennozan 03-01-08 09:50 PM

I did notice that it put the missing gauges back on my fleet boats too. All in all, good stuff.

AVGWarhawk 03-01-08 10:06 PM

Yeah, I want to give UBI another $10.00 to see what else I can have:D

tater 03-01-08 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raptor1
I think this is worth picking up just for the chance of a future mod putting the Scout aircraft in the Fleet Boat campaign...

Also, as a general fan of the Fleet Boats, i must say i enjoy the U-Boat campaign quite a lot

Scout aircraft giving contact reports? Zoomies were notoriously bad with reports for submarines. Not sure it's terribly useful (probably grossly overdone in the Indian Ocean, I'd wager ;) ).

The technology for this is actually more interesting if you could get reports from other ships. Ideally other SUBS once submerging AI subs get modded in. Then the later war little USN wolfpacks os 2-3 boats could be done.