SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   GWX not working! (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=237765)

Destroyer_ 06-11-18 04:17 AM

GWX not working!

Hello all.

GWX is not working for me. (Using STEAM)
I am running mod clean with windows 10 and I have followed the install instructions.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Destroyer_ 06-11-18 08:04 AM

Ok I got the 1939 start to work by changing the run mode to Windows XP (SP3) but when I go to do a 1940 start it keeps crashing when loading into the port. Any ideas?

XenonSurf 06-11-18 08:14 AM

If you didn't already, then these are the first things to check, and I'm not saying that everything will work after that:

- Do not install the game in the Program (x86) default folder but chose another non-protected location to install the game; check that all game files are NOT write-protected; With the Steam version this will not apply I think.

- You must patch the game to the latest version, and get rid of any old Starforce DRM in the case you install from the non-Steam DVD version. For that read the stickies for SH3. Doesn't apply for Steam version.

- You must run in Win7 compatibility mode and Admin rights (right-click the game shortcut > Properties) ;

- You must apply the 4GB Patch before running a megamod like GWX, LSH3 or WAC; this also means you should reasonably have at least 6 or 8GB RAM.

- You must enter your grafic card settings and chose 'scaling with Desktop to Fullscreen' or similar or 'scaling with GPU to Fullscreen'.

- Finally you should install via JSGME a Widescreen mod to have grafics at 16:9.

Just do all that and come here again.

Destroyer_ 06-11-18 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XenonSurf (Post 2556934)
If you didn't already, then these are the first things to check, and I'm not saying that everything will work after that:

- Do not install the game in the Program (x86) default folder but chose another non-protected location to install the game;

- You must patch the game to the latest version, and get rid of any old Starforce DRM in the case you install from the non-Steam DVD version. For that read the stickies for SH3.

- You must run in Win7 compatibility mode and Admin rights (right-click the game shortcut > Properties) ;

- You must apply the 4GB Patch before running a megamod like GWX, LSH3 or WAC; this also means you should reasonably have at least 8GB VRAM.

- You must enter your grafic card settings and chose 'scaling with Desktop to Fullscreen' or similar or 'scaling with GPU to Fullscreen'.

- Finally you should install via JSGME a Widescreen mod to have grafics at 16:9.

Could you explain where I could find this 4GB patch?e

XenonSurf 06-11-18 08:26 AM

You should find the link to it or in the mod threat, on the GWX homepage or in the download section of this forum.

TAY999 06-24-18 11:24 AM

Worked for me :)

With a clean install running windows 10 64 bit it worked right after downloading from steam. I then did the resolution fix and it ran. I then installed GWX 3.0 Gold and it loaded to about 90% then just closed a few times at same location.
After coming here I then changed compatibility to windows 7 and run as administrator and it then loaded, thank you.

XenonSurf 06-24-18 11:55 AM

I have corrected my point 4 above: With the 4 GB patch, your computer should have at least 6 or 8 GB RAM. If it has only 4 GB RAM then your OS will consume most of it and may lead to loading problems for GWX or other megamods.

THEBERBSTER 06-24-18 03:01 PM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > Destroyer_
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials And Other Information Links In My Signature Below

Looking for something then check out my tutorials signature
4Gig Patch For SH3 > Already Activated In LSH3