SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   [REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=153837)

asanovic7 07-16-09 01:15 PM

[REL]Mikhayls Playable S-boot 1.7 for GWX 3.0

Well..

Here it is..
Without readme, because I will try to explain everything here and/or because like 20% people reads them and they in fact know allready what to do..

This is a beta version because of these reasons:

1. When you are selecting flotilla on the campaign screen, positions of flotillas are wrong placed. I think only puritans will object to that, because it is irrelevant, but I apologize anyway. If you object, do it yourself. It's data/menu/cfg/flotillas.cfg.
2. There is no certainty everything will work like it should, so you have to try and ofcourse report everything
3. I am not shure if I did good job on renown, I made something similar to gwx's, test it
4. Again for the puritans, 3d flotilla is the last although should be in the middle :)
5. Sometimes you will start in boulogne or some other kanal port and you will get ostsee target or something. A leftover. Only for puritans, if you start in kanal, it could say moon, what do you care, kanal is for you, you don't get renown anyway. If you do care, it can be easily fixed. :O:

Ok, now what you get:

Mikhayl's 7 schnell boots and 5 flotillas.
The mod is divided in 6 parts:

1. Sh3 commander files. Well, some stuff like sboot numbers don't work like supposed. Don't use realistic crew option or randomised events.
2. AI boats - AI s7 and s100
3. GWX campaign files along with AI s-38
4. GWX st. nazaire add on campaign together with AI s-38 replacing stock schnellboot
5. The mod itself with some additions just to see if it functions
6. emblems - template and one example for graphic talents

Ok, why like this?
Because, you can enable ai boats and then one of the campaign options to play the "usual" GWX without the sboot mod. Like a mod in mod.. One more thing, two campaigns differ, there is not any favorite to me :88)

Other than that, it's all more or less fairly obvious.. :|\\

The boats are:
2a-s7
2d-s14
7b-s26
7c-s38
9b-s38b
9c-s100
9d2-s700

No pics, you just have to download it to see it. My favorite is s-7 with the mast. :arrgh!: Nevermind they kill me, it is kinda cool to cruise and listen to that old music.. Sorry for the big size.. :timeout:

Unfortunately, smoke screen is here but it is more as a eyecandy for those of you with better machines. We just couldn't break out yet those IR sensors game uses so far. But, there is always hope. Privateer stated he has some ideas, patience is a quality.. :rotfl:Smoke screen is activated with j or with an icon from one of your officers(look for it, sherlock :O:).. I made some alterations to sim.cfg regarding terminator capabilities of the ships, report if it is still hard or is it easy..

But first..
Try out some onwater single missions, then campaign and then report..

You can download it here:

http://www.filefront.com/14055383/SBMOD17.7z

Just FYI, my page on filefront is:
http://www.filefront.com/user/asanovic7

p.s. you can also find on my download page rcbsh4effectssboot file that assures compatibility between the obvious mods.. If you use them..

Credits go to:
- all sh3 community, it is the best community playing the best submarine simulation in the world, :O:
- ubisoft for the game and the beautiful sdk that allows us to make this game perfect :O:
- nautilus42 a.k.a. trainer1942 for some of his work that is included in the mod
- skwasjer who amazes me everytime I use silent3deditor :salute:
- especially to mikhayl who decided to not tan this summer just for you people.. :rotfl:Well, europeans know allready it was a s..y weather last couple of weeks, but now it's ok..

Cheers!!!

And happy summer to everyone..

asanovic7 07-16-09 01:23 PM

one for the money

regarding scenery.. You can use olc's olce2 but WITHOUT OLC gui special.. Mikhayl made sboot version of his acm gui mod..

and this time a song..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8FXu...eature=related

Letum 07-17-09 06:47 PM

Woo! Thanks!

Madox58 07-18-09 02:43 PM

Just downloaded this.

I'll use the files to test the working smoke screen ideas.
:03:

And test the new gun.
:o

linerkiller 07-20-09 06:29 AM

Ouff!! Finally I could grab it too. Thank you Asanovic for the good work!:salute:

Task Force 07-20-09 06:31 AM

Nice stuff...:yeah:

linerkiller 07-21-09 12:47 AM

Yesterday evening i tried it, but I had some problems and I had to reinstall sh3:damn:. My question was: Is that compatible with shipping packs like Community units or MFM? And to install with JSME we have to follow the numeric progression ( 1-2-3-4 ecc) alright?

And then another (possible) issue...I started a career in 1939 in kiel, and the boat number was not displayed. Is that OK??:shifty:

Thanks!

linerkiller 07-21-09 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikhayl (Post 1137712)
Hi LK, can't really say, and Marko is in his exams and stuff at the moment :)
I suppose the mod is compatible with MFM and Community ships but since those have issues of their own maybe it's not wise to have them all at the same time. I remember I could never play a stable game when I had community ships installed with GWX for example.

About the boat numbers, if you mean it's absent from menu texts then it's not normal, but there's no individual numbers on the boats.

Forget what I've said regarding boat numbers...my mistake!:88)
But I still have loading problems...the game crashes at the end of the loading...just before the "not so long ago" message. Probably i have a wrong JSGME order:
Sh3+ GWX2.1 as basis
-GWX 2.1 minor fixes 26 april
-S-Boot mod (latest)
-RB sh4 effects for sh3 v7.1
-rcbsh4effectssboot file
-MFM 4.1
-Torpedo damage final v2.0

Anybody here had a similar problem?

A6Intruder 07-21-09 11:17 AM

Yes!
I got CTD`s in Kiel, Helgoland and Ca...(Southern Italy). It worked one time from Ostende.:cry: The rest i did not try until now. I tried under a clean GWX3 Installation.
Best regards.

nfitzsimmons 07-21-09 01:46 PM

I get a 404 error at the FileFront download link.

linerkiller 07-22-09 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A6Intruder (Post 1137911)
Yes!
I got CTD`s in Kiel, Helgoland and Ca...(Southern Italy). It worked one time from Ostende.:cry: The rest i did not try until now. I tried under a clean GWX3 Installation.
Best regards.

I tried with a brand new GWX 2.1 installation...it should not differ:shifty:

Graf Paper 07-22-09 05:53 AM

There is enough difference between GWX 2.1 and 3.0 that this mod will cause you problems.

After all, this update was started precisely because the old S-Boot mod, that worked fine with 2.1, was buggy in 3.0.

linerkiller 07-22-09 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graf Paper (Post 1138422)
There is enough difference between GWX 2.1 and 3.0 that this mod will cause you problems.

After all, this update was started precisely because the old S-Boot mod, that worked fine with 2.1, was buggy in 3.0.

Yes, but A6Intruder has my same problem also running GWX 3.0!!!:hmmm:

A6Intruder 07-22-09 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by linerkiller (Post 1138434)
Yes, but A6Intruder has my same problem also running GWX 3.0!!!:hmmm:

Thats right and i have to point it out: Without any other Mod!!.
GWX 3.0 works fine from Kiel with IIa but not with an S-Boat.:06:
Best regards

Graf Paper 07-22-09 11:49 PM

Huh! :huh:

I guess I missed that part. My bad, A6. :-?

I'll load this mod up tonight and give her a few runs to see if I get the same results.