SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Real Fleet Boat 2.0 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=159709)

cdrsubron7 01-18-10 12:22 PM

Would it be possible for someone to tell me how to get the sonar lines back on the navigation map. Sorry to say that my level of play is not as advanced as most people.

fred8615 01-18-10 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeFF (Post 1237821)
Yes, it's the stock UPC file.

Thanks. I'll note that in the threads and the download here.

sergei 01-18-10 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdrsubron7 (Post 1239147)
Would it be possible for someone to tell me how to get the sonar lines back on the navigation map. Sorry to say that my level of play is not as advanced as most people.

http://www.subsim.com/radioroom/down...o=file&id=1470
:DL

cdrsubron7 01-18-10 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sergei (Post 1239201)

Thanks, sergei. Really appreciate it. :yeah:

Flopper 01-18-10 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke (Post 1238537)
Typical with fresh crews. Best to get them some experience and they will develop into fine young sonar ops.

Thanks, I didn't think about the crew being deaf... I mean fresh.

Wilcke 01-18-10 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flopper (Post 1239365)
Thanks, I didn't think about the crew being deaf... I mean fresh.

Unfortunate I have had some that for whatever reason were very deaf. Its a real pain, but if you are patient get them a shorter cruise while still sinking some tonnage you can get back to port and that helps with experience and you can trade a few in for better folks. Its a maddening challenge at times but warts and all its what we have.

CH3NO2 01-18-10 09:42 PM

@ Lukeff, I saw where you moved slots from Hogan's Alley to the control room. Is this a major mod or can it be done by an individual such as myself? Also, while watching Rockin Robin's targeting tutorial it shows a projected bearing line for his torps. Is this something that was removed in the mod? Thanks for any help.

Wilcke 01-18-10 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH3NO2 (Post 1239607)
@ Lukeff, I saw where you moved slots from Hogan's Alley to the control room. Is this a major mod or can it be done by an individual such as myself? Also, while watching Rockin Robin's targeting tutorial it shows a projected bearing line for his torps. Is this something that was removed in the mod? Thanks for any help.

I could be wrong but I believe the tutorial was done while using Trigger Maru. RR can you clarify please.

ivank 01-18-10 11:30 PM

Thank you

I just want to say thank you to the RFB team! I hated the American campaign and rarely played it. It was just not for me. RFB 1.5 gave me some enjoyment in the US campign but, I never got into it even with that. There was just too many things that annoyed me. I am a believer that even small changes can go along way. In OM720 with the new loading screens and other backgrounds that really stuck out at me as a major change.
With RFB 2.0 I am in love with the US side!
The torp textures helped alot and there are many changes that I enjoy and can not list, but the thing that won we over other various major/minor changes is the new SOUNDS!!

The engine sounds are amazing, I am here in my dorm with my 530 watt sound system cranked all the way up just enjoying the diesel sounds!!!

So for changing the US side in any ways you did I say thank you!

LukeFF 01-19-10 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CH3NO2 (Post 1239607)
@ Lukeff, I saw where you moved slots from Hogan's Alley to the control room. Is this a major mod or can it be done by an individual such as myself?

It's a little bit tricky to get all the parameters correct, but don't worry, this feature will be in the next update for the mod. :)

Hydra 01-19-10 09:38 AM

Another unsinkable ship

LukeFF, here are the details: On patrol in the Makassar Strait in porpoise class sub. May 6, 1942. Come upon medium old composite freighter at 119.15 E and 0.31 N. Weather is very hazy. Green crew doesn't spot target until its too close to set up for torpedoes. Engage deck gun. First five shots cause noticeable hole damage at waterline. Next 90 rounds cause no noticeable damage. Freighter comes to halt and water begins to lap onto deck. Fire three torpedoes with hits and explosions for each. No damage to ship. Fire six more torpedoes - all hits - but no damage. Freighter now actually sitting higher in water. All torpedoes on port side. No crew visible on ship - did they abandon ship signifying ship is sinking?

This is the second time I have encountered an unsinkable ship. The other time was in RFB 1.5. Mentioned situation to my wife and she said it was too bad you didn't work on the Titanic. :rotfl2:

My mods:
RFB_2.0
RSRDC_RFB_V575
RSRDC_V5xx_Patch1
Map Colour Original with terrain
TGT DIALS TO PK FIX - RFB
TMOPlot1.0
EAX_sound_sim_RFB152_without_Websters_Maneuver_Son arFix
SAP v0.5 Stock-RFB-RSRDC
strategic_map_symbols
SH4 Tool Tips Mods R1 Big
RFB2_different_smoke
3000 Yard Porpoise Class Bearing Tool
MyMenu

Wilcke 01-19-10 10:51 AM

@Hydra,

Looking at your active mod list I cannot help but think that some of those are hosing elements of RFB 2.0. There is so much integrated into RFB.

I now only run RFB 2.0, the patch and RSRDC and its patch and thats it. It also makes the process of bug hunting much easier since you do not have to suspect some unfortunate interaction amongst the list of mods. It just my own 2 cents and for what its worth.

Happy Hunting!

Hydra 01-19-10 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilcke (Post 1239893)
@Hydra,

Looking at your active mod list I cannot help but think that some of those are hosing elements of RFB 2.0. There is so much integrated into RFB.

Happy Hunting!

You very well might be right, but why would the mods affect only certain ships at certain times? I have been playing with no problems for awhile. Sank four ships on last patrol. Its strange how this seems to be so random.

CH3NO2 01-19-10 09:00 PM

@ LukeFF, this is great news. Can't wait. Thanks

@ Wilcke, thanks for your reply

Wolfling04 01-20-10 04:03 AM

Quick question, does RFB include the Merchant Fleet mod that OM does?

And please don't hurt me :O: and if it does, would it be possible to include an "Identify Target" button at the scope and uzo views?