SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   [TEC] Red Pincil Or Black Pencil (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=239090)

larsonboram 11-08-18 10:30 AM

Red Pincil Or Black Pencil

Does anyone know what the two pincils do?

torpedobait 11-09-18 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larsonboram (Post 2576265)
Does anyone know what the two pincils do?

The one on the left is used to mark a spot on the Nav map, such as when tracking a target. The marks are assigned numbers sequentially. Try it. You can erase the marks anytime.

The other pencil is a mystery. I've never found a use for it so I just ignore it.

larsonboram 11-09-18 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedobait (Post 2576382)
The one on the left is used to mark a spot on the Nav map, such as when tracking a target. The marks are assigned numbers sequentially. Try it. You can erase the marks anytime.

The other pencil is a mystery. I've never found a use for it so I just ignore it.

I heard you can use the red pencil to show npc's where the big fleets are or something. Never actually got it to work though, any chance you can test that out?

torpedobait 11-10-18 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by larsonboram (Post 2576386)
I heard you can use the red pencil to show npc's where the big fleets are or something. Never actually got it to work though, any chance you can test that out?

The easiest way to test it is to make sure you have Version 1.5 with the UBoat missions. They employ remote assets that you can direct with the pencil. I've never used it, and don't want to stop my current FOTARSU campaign to test it. But you can...

:Kaleun_Salute:

mikesn9 11-11-18 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by torpedobait (Post 2576567)
The easiest way to test it is to make sure you have Version 1.5 with the UBoat missions. They employ remote assets that you can direct with the pencil. I've never used it, and don't want to stop my current FOTARSU campaign to test it. But you can...

:Kaleun_Salute:

If I read that right, the red pencil is only used in U-boat scenarios?

larsonboram 11-11-18 10:51 AM

I wish there was some video out there showing how to use the red pencil I got the Uboat mission addon for steam so...its not that bad, infact it makes using mods easier, and finding support on steam is good too. I do use Subsim forums often enough, I do wonder when or if they are going to incorporate the SH4 Campaign WOP to the SH5 engine cause that graphics is prettier!

torpedobait 11-12-18 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mikesn9 (Post 2576645)
If I read that right, the red pencil is only used in U-boat scenarios?

It's the only place I've been able to use it, but that isn't definitive! In the U-boat missions to either side of the South Indian Ocean you will note that there are friendly (Japanese, in this case) task force icons moving about. If they are close enough and you want to utilize one of those assets to search a particular area or come to your assistance, you can direct them to a particular point using the pencil (I think). I have been doing it just by putting my mouse over the asset, clicking on it, and then moving the cursor to where I want them to go or search. That works for sure. Have not tried the pencil, as I said, but the claim is that it does something similar. Perhaps it will let you define a search area instead of just a path? If you find out, let us know. Good Hunting. :salute: