SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   what version of SH5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=240145)

AP514 03-03-19 04:32 PM

what version of SH5

I downloaded SH5 gold from Kinguin..and activeated it thru Ubisoft.

I can not seem to get it to work on my windows 10. (to clarify work as in actually work..i see trailer w/no sound then nothing)Also wanted to install TWO's but di not see some of the folders mentioned in the tutorials...

Did I buy the wrong version ? All files from uplay downloaded.the launcher and SH5 (subfolder)under the uplay launcher

Need some serious help...this forum is like a Maze......

AP514

Sailor Steve 03-03-19 05:43 PM

Hi and Welcome Aboard!

Part of the problem with a service like Kinguin is that you don't know where the keys come from. The other part is that with a game from UBIsoft the key is only good once. If you buy a second-hand UBI game it almost certainly won't work. After reading your post I looked up Kinguin and they seem pretty shady to me. I wouldn't by anything from them. Also you might try contacting UBI directly to see if they might work something out.

SH5 is still pretty cheap from a lot of legitimate services, and is even available on Steam now. I'm not a big fan of Steam, but that's just me. If nobody else has it then they are a good way to go, and they have sales all the time when you get stuff really cheap.

Others will be along who can probably help more. However it works out, I hope you get many years of fun play with SH5.

AP514 03-03-19 05:52 PM

Well, the key from Kinguin let me Dload directly from U-Play onto my computer.

Aktungbby 03-03-19 07:49 PM

Welcome aboard!

AP514!:Kaleun_Salute:

AP514 03-03-19 09:27 PM

Update

Well, after hours of reading and watching the dam intro..I finally read something about Dpi in compatibility.I tested that and BAM all is working..full screen, sound, and get to the basic game menu.V1.2 Woot all this after only 3 hours...I am on my way now....Sigh.
Now to the next step.

AP514

Sailor Steve 03-03-19 10:22 PM

Cool! I'm glad you're playing now. :rock:

AP514 03-03-19 11:00 PM

well actually not yet...want to install Twos but do not have a Mod folder ? should the mod just be installed over the reg. SH5 data ? as installed in the SH5 and it will add/over write files as needed ?

This is so unclear..kind of like an early war TP....hit or miss

bstanko6 03-04-19 01:34 AM

As long as your SH5 is version 1.2 then just install TWoS. It will install the mod folder automatically.

THEBERBSTER 03-04-19 05:51 AM

A Warm Welcome To The Subsim Community > AP514
Subsim <> Make A Donation <> See The Benefits <> Support The Community
SH3 – 4 - 5 Tutorials > Downloads > Other Useful Information > See Links in My Signature Below

Post #433 A Pictorial Step By Step Guide Through The Wolves Of Steel (TWOS) Installer > Pictorial

AP514 03-04-19 06:35 AM

Two's install

Quote:

Originally Posted by bstanko6 (Post 2594910)
As long as your SH5 is version 1.2 then just install TWoS. It will install the mod folder automatically.

Wel, actually not..........seeing I have the folder in ..C:/Ubisoft/SH5/Silent Hunter 5....Twos installed to C:/Ubisoft/SH5. so now I will install it into the correct path and try again.
Also what mods from the Two's are recommended ? got 16:9 ratio(2650x1440)

fingers crossed I am going in ..... again :salute:

AP514

AP514 03-04-19 09:08 AM

UPDATE

I am in..WOOT WOOT ....Now to do a few tutorials or something..

Any suggestions on tutorials ?

AP514 03-05-19 04:59 AM

Campaign Start

Well, I get into new campaign now. I Get msg that campaign carry over is good. Talk to the officer about the next mission. He gives story about England and France declaring war. What do I do next ? Because when I go out of port the map still shows my boat in the u boat pen