SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 ATO Mods (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=234)
-   -   [TEC] Campaign screen bug (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=232821)

Pegasus2 08-01-17 10:44 AM

Campaign screen bug

Hello everyone

Long time since i've been on SS.

Anyway, I recently watched Das Boot again and would you believe it I couldn't stop thinking about U-Boats and GWX for the next week.

I decided to get SH4 and bought the Uboat missions version (v1.5) from Steam. I then found out about OpMonsun, installed and patched that.

Now, the problem is on the campaign start screen, there are no buttons at the bottom. No 'Back' and no 'Start' so I can't begin a campaign.

In the War mission and quick mission there are start buttons etc but under the American & German campaign screens I can't see anything apart from the starting base, boat type and commander name etc.

I am running an ultrawide monitor at 2560*1080 in 21:9. The game has to be edited to allow this. I don't think this has anything to do with it as i've started a campaign before I installed the mod.

Has anyone had or seen any issue like this before?

Many thanks

Peg

Pegasus2 08-01-17 11:21 AM

Looks like it IS is resolution problem.

Odd how it effects this screen only. All the menu's and in game gui is visable.

KaleunMarco 08-25-17 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pegasus2 (Post 2504097)
Looks like it IS is resolution problem.

Odd how it effects this screen only. All the menu's and in game gui is visable.

welcome back, pegagus2

SH4 does not support 21:9 resolution. you will need to select one of the available resolutions from the OPTIONS screen. i suggest that you do that before you attempt to begin a mission or a career. be sure to save it.
i would also suggest that when you begin a career that you verify your screen settings/resolution for the career.

good luck. i, myself, cannot run the OpMunson mod. it keeps CTD at game startup and i cannot figure out why....but that is my problem at the moment.

m

Pegasus2 12-09-17 05:54 AM

Hello

Thanks for the reply Bonamer.

SH4 can be modded to allow 21:9, I can't remember where I got it from but I have a modded sh4.exe and camera behaviour file that overrides all resolution settings and only alows 2560*1080.

Unfortunatly, this removes the Next button on the campaign map screen.

I have to swap over the game files back to the originals every time I progress to the next war patrol in order to be able to start it, immeditely save the game, then edit the game files back again to get 21:9 back and load the saved game haha. It's a bit of a mess but it allows the game to be played.

Regarding CTD, I'd just make sure you're installing and enabeling in JSGME in the correct order (important) on a fresh install, you've probably tried that already I would imagine.