SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   The Flying Dutchman (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=125104)

I'm goin' down 06-03-15 09:34 PM

Yo Ho, Yo Ho, 23.5 kts. THE GHOST SHIP!!!!

Sailor Steve 06-03-15 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZodiakLegion (Post 2318582)
I knew the thread was old, decided to post anyway. :yeah: .... unless I'm not suppose to reawaken dead threads... :06:

Bringing back an old thread is fine, when it serves some purpose. Doing it just to make a joke tends to clog up the system.

Crannogman 06-04-15 12:02 AM

Actually, of all the surface ship mods I've seen suggested, this seems most exciting. What other surface ship could really travel alone into enemy waters? The hardest part would be making its speed dependent upon the wind (and able to fly)

SSI01 06-04-15 08:19 AM

Just saw the two YouTube videos of this thing. You could water ski behind it, it's going so fast. Must have a clean bottom and all laundry aloft.

fireftr18 06-04-15 03:42 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGFXGwHsD_A

MajorArtNZ 06-04-15 04:21 PM

Yes, I've seen it too. In the Luzon straight if my memory serves me correctly. Certainly wasn't expecting to see that. I had started lining him up as a target before he came into view but in the end let him pass. Probably should have had a crack at him..

james_nix 06-04-15 04:30 PM

I've never seen him since I got SH4, then twice in a week! :arrgh!:

Sailor Steve 06-04-15 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MajorArtNZ (Post 2318777)
Probably should have had a crack at him..

You would have wasted your ammunition. He can't be touched.

razark 06-04-15 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2318784)
You would have wasted your ammunition. He can't be touched.

That's only because it doesn't really exist.

ZodiakLegion 06-04-15 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sailor Steve (Post 2318587)
Bringing back an old thread is fine, when it serves some purpose. Doing it just to make a joke tends to clog up the system.

Duly noted. :up:

ZodiakLegion 06-04-15 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crannogman (Post 2318595)
Actually, of all the surface ship mods I've seen suggested, this seems most exciting. What other surface ship could really travel alone into enemy waters? The hardest part would be making its speed dependent upon the wind (and able to fly)

I was originally thinking of the Flying Dutchman from the Pirates of the Caribbean movie. Then, turning it onto a full-blown mod in SH4. Crews shown on deck when Battle-Stations active would be replaced with POTC-style crew, the ship would be fully submersible, the battery would be used as a "fast-travel" item... The ship would also use, from the movie, the triple-cannons on front, the cannons (however many) on the sides, doubles on the back... "Almost indestructible" as in: it'll take a lot to sink it. And finally, I thought about a Kraken attack, but thought that went to far. This is all what I was imagining it'd be like if created. I don't have the skills to do it, but if I ever acquire said skills..... I'd try my best.:rock:

Wizz 01-25-16 04:22 AM

Finally found her in Luzon! What a beautiful sight :D

Took a screenshot but it was of my desktop. Oh well, after a few years of playing I'm happy to tick this off!

Now to re-enable TMO and head back to the Bungo Straights to find (and kill) Pete! :arrgh!:

Col7777 01-25-16 06:04 AM

That's the spirit lol. :arrgh!:

I've only just heard of this seeing as I'm new to this sim, I love a bit of humour. :)

Majestik 909 01-25-16 09:32 AM

Pics....?????

fitzcarraldo 01-25-16 01:03 PM

See post 29 in this thread for pics. Flying Dutchman is in the Netherlands roster.

Regards.

Fitzcarraldo :salute: