SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Mods Workshop for Cold Waters (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=285)
-   -   [REL] Playable Russian Subs (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=231690)

CaptainX3 06-20-17 12:55 PM

Mod updated, once yesterday and once today!

tonod 06-21-17 03:52 AM

Thanks for the update!
:haha:

Last request(maybe)

Can you make typhoon smaller?

becaues now typhoon is very big

so at 50ft use periscope typhoon`s bridge is out of the water

AI will attack player immediately

USS Narwhal(SSN-671) 06-21-17 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonod (Post 2493409)
Thanks for the update!
:haha:

Last request(maybe)

Should probably just edit what is periscope depth on it (if that is possible). it is to the right scale i believe.

captinjoehenry 06-21-17 12:55 PM

Hi there I really like this mod. Do you think you will include the Seattle class sub mod? It is a fictional sub though so I'll be fine to just keep modding it in.

tonod 06-21-17 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USS Narwhal(SSN-671) (Post 2493543)
Should probably just edit what is periscope depth on it (if that is possible). it is to the right scale i believe.

That's a good way

but I'm afraid can`t change periscope depth

because now all russian subs base on US SSN game core

CaptainX3 06-21-17 03:52 PM

Quote:

Thanks for the update!

Last request(maybe)

The submarine models are static, I can't change the size of them. I don't believe periscope depth can be adjusted either. I believe, when I last used the Typhoon, stopping exactly at 50 feet worked without exposing the sail, although I didn't try it in a rough sea state. But unfortunately, I can't fix this problem.

Quote:

Hi there I really like this mod. Do you think you will include the Seattle class sub mod? It is a fictional sub though so I'll be fine to just keep modding it in.
I have no problem adding it if I get the author's permission to do so. I've posted on the forum thread asking for said permission.

captinjoehenry 06-21-17 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX (Post 2493629)
The submarine models are static, I can't change the size of them. I don't believe periscope depth can be adjusted either. I believe, when I last used the Typhoon, stopping exactly at 50 feet worked without exposing the sail, although I didn't try it in a rough sea state. But unfortunately, I can't fix this problem.

I have no problem adding it if I get the author's permission to do so. I've posted on the forum thread asking for said permission.

If you do implement the Seattle you'll probably have to change it's armaments as it is supposedly the replacement class for the Los Angeles but it is worse than the Los Angeles 688I regarding weapon choices

Aktungbby 06-22-17 12:47 PM

welcome aboard firsttime poster!

captinjoehenry!:Kaleun_Salute:

Vexillologist 06-22-17 12:59 PM

Just a thought..

HI, Great mod, saw it on a youtube channel (jive turkey) and came here to grab it from you.

Have you thought about getting this mod on Steam?

CaptainX3 06-22-17 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexillologist (Post 2493891)
HI, Great mod, saw it on a youtube channel (jive turkey) and came here to grab it from you.

Have you thought about getting this mod on Steam?

Thank you :)

The mod is posted on a thread in the CW discussion forum. At this time, CW does not support Steam Workshop, but if and when it does, that's where the mod will be moved to.

Raptor_Pilot 06-22-17 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CaptainX (Post 2493172)
It can carry A LOT of weapons, but will only be available for use in the 1984 campaign, and it'll be optional, not forced or anything.

Options are always welcome. Ignore any naysayers, they secretly think the Earth is flat.

captinjoehenry 06-22-17 08:29 PM

Just so you know I have adjusted the values of the Sea Lance, P-500 and P-700 to their real world speed and payload weight if you want them.

Daldryk 06-23-17 04:51 AM

Just a note for the Alfa. Which is not fast enough, I find that it is too easy prey for the American submarines.:hmmm:

The Alfa is very fast, plunging deep, maneuvering quickly. Its purpose is to run at full speed on its prey.:arrgh!:

Sharpshooter 06-23-17 11:34 PM

The BQQ 10 on the 688i has a 130 degree span to either side compared to 150 of the BQQ 5 and most other sensors. Is that intentional?

SonarModel=usn_an_bqq_5
SonarType=ACTIVE/PASSIVE
SonarFrequencies=L,M
SonarActiveSensitivity=28
SonarPassiveSensitivity=40
SonarBaffle=150
SonarNoisePerKnot=1
SonarOutput=220

SonarModel=usn_an_bqq_10
SonarType=ACTIVE/PASSIVE
SonarFrequencies=L,M
SonarActiveSensitivity=38
SonarPassiveSensitivity=50
SonarBaffle=130
SonarNoisePerKnot=1
SonarOutput=280

Also, at least single player mission 8 is missing at least one ship from the signatures tab that can spawn. The Kresta 1.

Steiger 06-24-17 05:21 PM

Hey CaptainX3 - FYI the Sierra class doesn't appear to have any Radar/ESM.