SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   [REL] Fall of the rising Sun for SH4 V1.5 Version 1.2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=147988)

AOTD_MadMax 02-07-13 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HertogJan (Post 2005664)
Hi AOTD team,

Can't recall this being mentioned before but get CTD while using the Recognition Manual, my apologies if it has been mentioned before.

The game crashed after the "Old Sub chaser", I restarted the game and instead of going forward through the pages again I decided to go backwards and got a CTD after the "Heavy Mine layer".
Is there a vessel between them and if so could you check if you get the same result.

No other MOD's are installed.

EDIT:
Just found out the Hydrophones aren't working... can't hear any ship (refeuling at Midway, enough vessels tho), can't even hear my own engine sound at 180*, could it be MOD didn't install correctly?

Hmm thats not normal cause your CTD´s in the rec-manual are the first i have heard.:hmmm:

Sometimes it is usefull to delete/rename the SH4-Folder in your directory "own files".
This SH4-Folder gets bigger and bigger and there are many save-files made by the game its own.
Even when you played other mods with other shippings this save-files do not match with your new mod-setup.

Try out this but make sure that you save the files by renaming that folder to SH4.bak

Regards

Maddy

HertogJan 02-07-13 01:45 PM

Thx for the quick response MadMax,

I did one better, I deleted the SH4 folder before I installed your MOD.

I also replaced the entire data folder with a copy I made from a fresh install and threw away the MOD folder created by JSGME and replaced it with a new one.

HertogJan 02-07-13 03:14 PM

1 problem solved

Hydro's are working.... have to keep in mind I have to be submerged to be able to use them :oops:

AVGWarhawk 02-07-13 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HertogJan (Post 2005844)
Hydro's are working.... have to keep in mind I have to be submerged to be able to use them :oops:

:haha:

HertogJan 02-07-13 06:50 PM

In defense... Them do their job on the surface in TMO 2.5 :D

Anyway,

As long as I don't go through the warship Rec. Manual everything works.
Getting used to the different key's and locations but thats a minor issue.

Noticed a few things I hope are implemented in 2.0, it's not really a wish list but more a easier way of playing the game with this MOD.

1) Can only press the weather forecast button for the TBT station.
(being able to do it from the Command room would be nice (maybe on the surface only if possible).

2) Can only auto recognize targets form Periscope station.
(not from TBT station).
There's a work around but would be nice to be able to do it from both stations.

3) Blue Chronometer needle (minutes counter) is very hard to read
(red is fine).
Maybe resize the Chronometer to a slightly bigger size?

4) theuhmmmm.. Monograph I think its called :06: (the speed calculator on the right side of the Nav.Map) is slightly off.
(calculating 3min's /900y = 9.5Kts or so (due to the shade effect), not 9Kts.
Not a biggie... if you know it.

Personal :O:
Is it possible to add the convoy route map in this MOD, kinda grown attached to it :88).

Other then that.....:Kaleun_Applaud:

Wooow, what a MOD :Kaleun_Salute:

AVGWarhawk 02-08-13 08:51 AM

Maddy,

I was waiting patiently for 2.0 but decided to give the current version a try. Sorry, I could not wait any longer! :D

I only just got into a game. Opening dialogue and pictures are great. I did not spend much time in the game menu and went for a campaign. I see you have W-clears environment mod? I love his work. I just got out of Manila and have run into a task force as I was heading to the Luzon with my tiny S-18. From my 10-15 minutes of play I can see this will be a very enjoyable mod. :yeah: For now I explore this version of the mod and await the new improved 2.0! :up:

Thanks for the mod!

Kardeck66 02-08-13 09:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am having a small problem with adding the Shark sub to the campaign. I only have the mods in the picture, with FOTRS working fine on its own.

But if I try and add any of the other mods I just get CTD's, no matter what order I install them. Any ideas?

Attachment 155

http://s18.postimage.org/re7f6altl/fotrs_shark.png

Edit: That picture is too small, sorry. I have the latest FOTRS for 1.5, NSS Shark/Base/FOTRSCampaign, and SH4 & UBoot Missions add-on (1.5).

BTW This mod made me reinstall SH4. I cant belive only 1 person has been working on it, absolutely amazing. Great work.

Lt commander lare 02-08-13 09:54 AM

Hi maddy I was wondering with the new version of fall of the rising sun is there increased lifeguard duty missions in the new version just curious.

Lt Commander Lare

AOTD_MadMax 02-08-13 10:40 AM

Hello Captains,

first of all, thanks for your statements about FOTRS.

@Kardeck66

I dont know the other mods so i cant say nothing about it.
The Problem with FOTRS an other mods is that FOTRS is very big and do many changes round through the whole game.
Its not easy to mix FOTRS with other mods.

@AVGWarhawk

You are right, FOTRS uses an modiefied version of W-Clears Environment.
I love his work to :up:

I just finished the Type A Kaibokan like Shimushu and Etorofu.
So V2.0 will have all Kaibokan Types from A to D.

http://www.aotd-flottille.de/FOTRS/V...iJP/TypeA1.jpg

http://www.aotd-flottille.de/FOTRS/V...iJP/TypeA2.jpg

http://www.aotd-flottille.de/FOTRS/V...iJP/TypeA3.jpg

This Type A replaces the NMS_No13 Minesweeper.

Regards

Maddy

HertogJan 02-08-13 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AOTD_MadMax (Post 2006185)
Hello Captains,

I just finished the Type A Kaibokan like Shimushu and Etorofu.
So V2.0 will have all Kaibokan Types from A to D.

Regards

Maddy

Great,

Even more vessels to evade :nope:

Maybe its time to switch career and go top side :hmmm:, USS Missouri comes to mind. Hope Sub command gives me a break

Dude, the details are awsome :salute:

AVGWarhawk 02-08-13 01:32 PM

Maddy,

Great looking vessel.

This morning when I fired up the FOTRS for the very first time I flicked on the volumetric fog as I noticed the work for the environment was w-clears. He was able to work the files were fog did not slow my computer. Off in the distance, after working my way up the the coast from Manila out of the mist comes a task force! I have outside views on and went to see your handy work on the warships. They are great looking! Reality set in and I had to go to work. :shifty: Oh well, I will continue the patrol tonight!

AOTD_MadMax 02-08-13 02:15 PM

Hi Warhawk,

oh well but the ships in your old version of FOTRS are not in the same state as the new shipment of V2.0.
The changes are very very heavy. :rock:

All sounds are heavy reworked, especially the plane-sounds and when you fire your deckgun, gunpowder and smoke will make you sick and shrink down your sight.
All big vessels will fire red flares when they destroyed.
If you see this flares you can be sure that this vessel will sink but it can take more then one hour.
When you surface the boat, you can hear four 2Stroke diesel starting up.

BB´s and Cruiser will shoot against each other in a range over 16.000 meters.
It´s nice to get between those battles, hear the bullets crossing your head.
I used for this different AI-Visual sensors.
BB´s got the longest range..........
All US Radar-based Guns in Latewar got better precission as the japanese ones.
V2.0 is very big stuff, 1,75 GB !
I think you will enjoy it.

Regards

Maddy

AVGWarhawk 02-08-13 02:59 PM

And your description above is the very reason I sit day after day waiting, watch, wondering when it will be available!!!! :oops:

Once again it draws the question...when will it be released? :D

HertogJan 02-08-13 04:59 PM

Couldn't wait either and went for 1.3 for the time being, luckily version 1.3 is only 1.73Gb :o

Please give a release date... Please!

HertogJan 02-08-13 05:48 PM

Ohh boy,

Something to look forward too over the weekend :yeah:

Got my first German vessel, its a blockade runner. Mid Jan '42 somewhere of the coast of Japan.
Seen Dutch and Australian vessels before but never a Axis vessel in SH4.

She's doing 16Kts... Hunt is on :rock: