SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter III (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=182)
-   -   Can't send radio contact reports (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=245915)

Sovieticul 07-15-20 05:12 PM

Can't send radio contact reports

I can't send radio contact reports. Radio man say they been sent but they don't show in the log.Mention that i use H.Sie's hard-code but i did modified the txt file.Maybe i did something wrong , idk. Can someone help me?

Anvar1061 07-16-20 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sovieticul (Post 2683534)
I can't send radio contact reports. Radio man say they been sent but they don't show in the log.Mention that i use H.Sie's hard-code but i did modified the txt file.Maybe i did something wrong , idk. Can someone help me?

When and how often do you send them? IIRS in 3 minutes after detection and earlier than 1 hour.
Wolfpack Mod
Instructions:
"When you see a convoy, estimate it's course and speed and put these values into the two TDC dials (German: Zielrichtung & Gegnerfahrt, English: Bearing & Speed) and then send the contact report. You'll see these two values in the contact report. sh3 no more calculates them for you. It's your job now. From now on you are the contact holder and you have to shadow the convoy and send contact reports every hour."

Sovieticul 07-16-20 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anvar1061 (Post 2683586)
When and how often do you send them? IIRS in 3 minutes after detection and earlier than 1 hour.
Wolfpack Mod
Instructions:
"When you see a convoy, estimate it's course and speed and put these values into the two TDC dials (German: Zielrichtung & Gegnerfahrt, English: Bearing & Speed) and then send the contact report. You'll see these two values in the contact report. sh3 no more calculates them for you. It's your job now. From now on you are the contact holder and you have to shadow the convoy and send contact reports every hour."

The thing is that I can't send the first contact report . I detected a convoy , I was loking at it for 5 min trying to calculate the speed and course, surface the boat from a safe distance and sent the report , radio man say that has been sent and I dont see anything in the log

Fifi 07-16-20 06:08 AM

Of course, you must be in visual sight of ships to do so... :03:

Doolar 07-16-20 08:52 AM

learn something new everyday

"Of course, you must be in visual sight of ships to do so..."

That's why mine didn't work neither. I would slip out'a visual range to send a contact report and nothing ever worked. I figured, I was doing something wrong, so I just lived with it. Thanx Fifi

Fifi 07-16-20 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doolar (Post 2683619)
"Of course, you must be in visual sight of ships to do so..."

That's why mine didn't work neither. I would slip out'a visual range to send a contact report and nothing ever worked. I figured, I was doing something wrong, so I just lived with it. Thanx Fifi

:up: :salute:

Aktungbby 07-16-20 09:28 PM

Welcome aboard!

Sovieticul!:Kaleun_Salute: