SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 5 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=244)
-   -   The SH5 Fix We Have All Been Waiting For Has Arrived (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=222470)

THEBERBSTER 11-04-15 05:45 AM

The SH5 Fix We Have All Been Waiting For Has Arrived

Post #188 Campaign Fix And Working Tonnage Bar By MaMa > Pictorial Instructions How To Make It Work

Aktungbby 11-04-15 09:21 AM

"the fix is in":up:

MaMa 11-04-15 12:33 PM

I recommend to stick this thread, it affects every player of SH5, from newbies to experienced ones ... :yep:

I hope that all players who left SH5 because of this gamebreaking bug will come back and play it again. Despite its long story of failures and bugs it is now a great game thanks to all modders here ! :up:

My appreciation to all of you ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Trevally. 11-04-15 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaMa (Post 2355733)
I recommend to stick this thread, it affects every player of SH5, from newbies to experienced ones ... :yep:

I hope that all players who left SH5 because of this gamebreaking bug will come back and play it again. Despite its long story of failures and bugs it is now a great game thanks to all modders here ! :up:

My appreciation to all of you ! Thanks a lot ! :)

Here here

Well done MaMa:up:

Shaefer 11-04-15 04:00 PM

Hear ya, hear ya!
Quote:

Hats of to every single person whom have been working on modding this game. You have fixed my favorite game from beyond broken to a very good sim, and I am forever grateful for that.:salute:

ReallyDedPoet 11-04-15 09:09 PM

Nice :up:

flostt 11-05-15 11:32 AM

Quote:

Yes, should be made "sticky" :up:

YoYo 11-05-15 12:25 PM

Just 2 cents.

You dont need do this procedures from Picture 3 to 8 if You have turn off UAC in Windows (like me).

THEBERBSTER 11-05-15 04:22 PM

Hi YoYo

Your information has been added to the tutorial.

Thank you.

Peter

Bera 11-07-15 01:53 PM

Hi skippers!

Does it make any difference if I play in online or offline mode?

I´m now playing "Turning Point", but none of the tonnage bars of the missions are filling up so far. Must be anything related to OHII?

Thanks!

THEBERBSTER 11-07-15 04:33 PM

Hi Bera
Quote:

Does it make any difference if I play in online or offline mode?
No.

Quote:

none of the tonnage bars of the missions are filling up so far.
You should notice if you have followed the tutorial correctly that after you have saved your game the missions that were showing as pending will now show as finished.

If they are still showing as pending then you have not followed Mama's instructions properly.

Quote:

Must be anything related to OHII?
No.

Peter

Bera 11-07-15 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THEBERBSTER (Post 2356466)
Hi Bera
No.

You should notice if you have followed the tutorial correctly that after you have saved your game the missions that were showing as pending will now show as finished.

If they are still showing as pending then you have not followed Mama's instructions properly.

No.

Peter

Hi Peter, they are showing as "finished", but I think that´s because the date limit for them expired. They usually show as "completed" when the tonnage bar is filled, but the small iron crosses aren´t appearing. I did the tutorial correctly, I´m even able to set the process priority to "real time"...

Thanks!

THEBERBSTER 11-07-15 05:13 PM

Hi Bera

I forgot about the completed bit as its a long time since I was able to use a working tonnage bar.

The tonnage bar does not recognize all the ships that you sink only the ones that pertain to the mission you are in.

[QUOTE]they are showing as "finished", but I think that´s because the date limit for them expired. [/QUOTE
Yes I agree with you on that point they will stay as finished.

Do not forget that you need to do part 2 of the tutorial every time you play your game.

It will be interesting to see who you get on now when you start a new mission using MaMa's fix rather than one that is already open.

Peter

petecaler 11-07-15 06:35 PM

NoTDW’s Generic File Patcher installed in SH5

What if ive never installed TDW’s Generic File Patcher? Ive only used JGME. Do I still need to do anything to modify uplay?

THEBERBSTER 11-07-15 06:52 PM

Hi Pete

In the tutorial start at picture 3 in your Program (x86) folder.

Part 2 always needs to be done every time, ok.

Peter