SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SHIII Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=195)
-   -   GWX Sh3 commander files (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=133120)

flakmonkey 03-15-08 09:56 AM

GWX Sh3 commander files

Does anyone have a working link to the cfg files for sh3 cmmdr/gwx2??

Ive tried the both links on the gwx home page but theyre dead, i hit download button repeatedly for almost 10mins and its just not downloading!

i wanna try sh3 commander 3.0 but need to have these darn files first!

Gairith 03-15-08 10:40 AM

http://files.filefront.com/GWX+20+Cf.../fileinfo.html

danlisa 03-15-08 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flakmonkey
Ive tried the both links on the gwx home page but theyre dead, i hit download button repeatedly for almost 10mins and its just not downloading!

i wanna try sh3 commander 3.0 but need to have these darn files first!

Both dedicated links still work, I've just tested them. However, every FF link for the main GWX 2.0 files also contain the Commander Configs.:up:

Word of caution - I don't think anyone from the GWX team has verified that the configs we host for GWX 2.0 are compatible with Commander 3.0. Well, they'll be compatible but.....you know what I mean.

i_b_spectre 03-15-08 12:27 PM

I've been away from SH3/GWX 2.0 for a few weeks and was awaiting the release of GWX 2.1 before doing much fiddling with the files. Insofar as the GWX team probably hasn't had time to verify SH3 Cmdr 3.0 doesn't have any issues, I may wait a little longer for the "all clear" to sound. I'm a little puzzled at the requirement to reinstall the GWX cfg files. Is it only available as a download or would I it be able to find it somewhere in my GWX 2.0 download?

Graf Paper 03-15-08 12:43 PM

According to what Jaesen (JScones) told me when testing the beta for SH3Cmdr 3.0, the current GWX config files should work just fine with SH3 Commander.

He also said the Aircraft Markings add-on for the older v2.7 will also work with the new SH3Cmdr.

If he finds out different, I suppose we'll get it straight from the horse's mouth if such is the case. ;)

i_b_spectre 03-15-08 01:29 PM

Thx Graf Paper :up:

Gezoes 03-15-08 05:26 PM

Sooooo... I can just press update then? :oops: :hmm:

JScones 03-15-08 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by i_b_spectre
I've been away from SH3/GWX 2.0 for a few weeks and was awaiting the release of GWX 2.1 before doing much fiddling with the files. Insofar as the GWX team probably hasn't had time to verify SH3 Cmdr 3.0 doesn't have any issues, I may wait a little longer for the "all clear" to sound. I'm a little puzzled at the requirement to reinstall the GWX cfg files. Is it only available as a download or would I it be able to find it somewhere in my GWX 2.0 download?

Ummm, think about it for a second - what happens when you uninstall or update software? The files are deleted or replaced. When you (re)install SH3Cmdr you get the SH3Cmdr versions of all the files. You then, obviously, need to replace the SH3Cmdr versions of some of these files with the GWX-compatible versions, simply as explained in the GWX manual (page 45) and what you would have done when you first installed GWX (although, if you need to ask where you get the GWX cfg files, then I wonder if you've ever installed them at all :hmm:). Of course, one only needs to do this if one uses GWX.

It ain't rocket science. :doh:

And I certainly wouldn't say "you need to reinstall the files" if I knew they'd cause problems...

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa
Word of caution - I don't think anyone from the GWX team has verified that the configs we host for GWX 2.0 are compatible with Commander 3.0. Well, they'll be compatible but.....you know what I mean.

BBW has been my GWX POC throughout development and will be able to verify compatibility.

FWIW I can give a 100% guarantee that the GWX files are compatible, but I know how sensitive the GWX team can be over such claims...so perhaps one of the GWX team can confirm with BBW first and post endorsement, or otherwise, accordingly.

Now...the fact that the files that ship with SH3Cmdr are newer than GWX's is irrelevant to GWX users. I recommend keeping SH3Cmdr's 'Ship names.cfg' file as it has more ship classes and names, but if you need to ask "how do I do this?" you may be better off, and less frustrated, just to use the one that comes with the GWX package. It's just as compatible and won't cause your canaries to spontaneously combust. ;)

bigboywooly 03-15-08 08:41 PM

Aye the GWX 2.0 Cfgs should work just fine
There will be a new set of cfgs for 2.1 as no need for the shipnames.cfg
Jaesens current version includes all that is needed for that particular cfg

No problems using my end :up:
And I know Irish1958 has been using too with no issues

JScones 03-15-08 08:45 PM

Thanks BBW. :up:

bigboywooly 03-15-08 08:51 PM

No worries :up:

Madox58 03-15-08 09:33 PM

If BBW says it's good to go?
Then that's good enuff for me.
:up:

Wolfehunter 03-15-08 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigboywooly
Aye the GWX 2.0 Cfgs should work just fine
There will be a new set of cfgs for 2.1 as no need for the shipnames.cfg
Jaesens current version includes all that is needed for that particular cfg

No problems using my end :up:
And I know Irish1958 has been using too with no issues

Its a good thing I back these files up. I was worried that there might be some issues.:yep:

melnibonian 03-16-08 04:45 AM

I did try the new SH3Cmdr with a clean GWX installation yesterday and I've added all the GWX-Cfg files. I saw no problems at all as well and I have to say that the patrol report editor works like a charm. I just love it. :yep: :up:

i_b_spectre 03-16-08 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JScones
...if you need to ask where you get the GWX cfg files, then I wonder if you've ever installed them at all :hmm:). Of course, one only needs to do this if one uses GWX.

It could be presumed that they must must have been installed previously, otherwise it is unlikely my current GWX/SH3 Cmdr would work as well as it does.

Quote:

It ain't rocket science. :doh:

And a good thing too, seeing as how the vast majority doing this are not rocket scientists. I'm not a computer programmer either. The question was asked, by others as well, to avoid a mis-step. We simply asked for clarification in an area that was unclear. At first I thought the GWX cfg file to which you referred was associated with the GWX installation itself, but I now know it is in the SH3 Cmdr file. I don't do this stuff with enough regularity for it to be as obvious as it is to someone who does.

Quote:

And I certainly wouldn't say "you need to reinstall the files" if I knew they'd cause problems...

Nor would I presume such a thing. My caution was based on Danlisa's post:

Quote:

Originally Posted by danlisa

I appreciate your work, I appreciate your assistance. I will assume some of your response was meant in humor that does not translate well in writing or is due to exhaustion at having to hold so many hands such as mine. It was not my intent to make life more difficult for you and I would like to think it was not your intent to publicly ridicule someone for simply asking a question so they could properly employ and enjoy your fine product.