SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Silent Hunter 4: Wolves of the Pacific (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=202)
-   -   Asking for assignments (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=212619)

Herr Eeguy 04-12-14 07:35 AM

Asking for assignments

I like to be given patrol assignments, gives me something specific to do PLUS as far as I understand the completion of them adds Renown and other benefits. I usually like to complete 5 or 6 before I go on a "shooting spree" with whatever torps and deck gun ammo I have left. Here I am on my 4th patrol, have completed 3 assignments, "phoned home" my current patrol status several times and have NOT received any more additional assignments. I KNOW this early in the war that there HAS to be something to do, someplace to go :03: Is HQ just too busy to answer my calls or is this (lack on new, additional patrol assignments) just something the game does??

Any info is appreciated, thanks

Herr Eeguy (Yep, it's a phonetic name alright LOL - I'm bald, so....)

fireftr18 04-12-14 06:13 PM

Depending on how I feel, I'll either ask for a new assignment or just go out on my own. Sometimes, there are no specific orders. Then, I just go out, find a choke point and wait.

TorpX 04-12-14 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Herr Eeguy (Post 2196732)
I like to be given patrol assignments, gives me something specific to do PLUS as far as I understand the completion of them adds Renown and other benefits. I usually like to complete 5 or 6 before I go on a "shooting spree" ........

Whoa, that's a lot!

I would be satisfied with 2 or 3, at the most. If an area was important enough to justify you being sent there in the first place, then it is likely you would be expected to patrol for weeks before being rerouted (unless something urgent happened to pop up).

Herr Eeguy 04-13-14 08:54 AM

ya, if the patrol time is over and I wire in and they don't give me anything new I leave that zone and go searchin' :arrgh!: shiver me timbers :arrgh!:

John Channing 04-13-14 10:27 AM

Shortly after SH4's release there was a theory developed that I think was confirmed about Objectives versus Tonnage.

The theory went that there were two tracking mechanisms running in the background. If you completed your objectives you would stay in line for promotion or new construction boats. Tonnage got you "renown" which you could use to upgrade your existing crew and/or boat.

If you repeatedly failed or ignored your objectives you would be beached after 3 or 4 patrols, no matter what your tonnage. On the other hand, even if you scored zero tonnage, a track record of successful completion of objectives would get you promoted or a new construction boat.

Or that's how the theory went.

JCC

TorpX 04-13-14 07:53 PM

That's interesting.

It sure does fly in the face of the renown is everything school of thought.