SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 Mods Workshop (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=219)
-   -   (REL) Pacific enviroment/ROW/Leovampire and Kriller2 (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=130150)

FooFighters 09-21-07 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 602Sqn_Puff
Sorted, looked at a non modded scene dat and compared what was changed, would it be possible to tell me what I have changed and what effect it will have on ROW please ?
I changed
Fog 1 no fog
objectsrelativeZmin from 0.8 to 0
objectsrelativezmax from 0.9 to 0.85

Horizon
Zmax from 1500 to 1000

Other environment
Overhorizon from 20 to 15

Air,Air Fog,etc
LOD from 3 to 1

It now suits me but was just wondering if I have disabled any of the fantastic features you guys put in by doing this?

I am also interested in an answer to this question

:know:

Capt. Shark Bait 09-21-07 11:39 AM

w00t:rock: , but i'm torn:-? . i wanna see how things are now, but i kinda preferr to wait till it's done just right, yanno, it'll be ready when it's ready

ReallyDedPoet 09-21-07 11:53 AM

Run the mod ^^^, it looks great and any feedback going forward will be helpful as it is still an Alpha release. leo mentioned that this is a work in progress.

RDP

clayman 09-21-07 11:59 AM

Thanks one and all for your hard work. :up: :up: :up:

Can't wait to get off work and load this puppy up!!! Speaking of work ... you guys did incorporate the "Worker's Comp" and "Larry H Parker" mods so we can all take the rest of the month off right?!!!

Sturm 09-21-07 12:12 PM

Had to test it. Used 7-Zip with ultra compression and the file size was 126MB. :|\\

But anyway now I have to go test this piece of art. :up: :up:

AVGWarhawk 09-21-07 12:19 PM

Quote:

Can't wait to get off work and load this puppy up!!! Speaking of work ... you guys did incorporate the "Worker's Comp" and "Larry H Parker" mods so we can all take the rest of the month off right?!!!
Yes, Leo implemented the "I have an eye problem today and do not see myself coming into work" file. :D

Capt. Shark Bait 09-21-07 12:28 PM

well, it's in. gonna have to wait a bit to see how it is, tho:cry:

ReallyDedPoet 09-21-07 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AVGWarhawk
Quote:

Yes, Leo implemented the "I have an eye problem today and do not see myself coming into work" file. :D

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

clayman 09-21-07 12:31 PM

Quote:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Leo does it again!!!

tater 09-21-07 12:38 PM

Gotta have a look at the REL version, woot!

BTW, since you altered dats for ships:

1. Did you include the Akitsu Maru Rudder fix that Jace11 did? Otherwise the rudder is like 30m from the ship.

2. This conflicts with the smaller seaweed mod by CC, is that included?

Now to test and answer at least one of these questions myself :)

tater

thefretmaster 09-21-07 12:52 PM

cant remember if this was the same thread but did you manage to make the water opaque in shallow waters so you could see the weeds on the bottom? that would be killer!
if not, it still kicks ass!! good work

Capt. Shark Bait 09-21-07 12:53 PM

Quote:

Quote:

:hmm: , maybe i can use that as an excuse to not go into work tonight:dead:

edit: thefretmaster, don't you mean less opaque? cuz if to weren't you wouldn't be able to see the bottom in shallow water

Limerick 09-21-07 12:59 PM

That worked fellas!

Ok....did a complete fresh reinstall (complete with all the insurance reboots and defrag with each step along the way)....

Loaded up the game and....

BINGO.......works great!:cool:

Thank you again for all your guys hard work and for helping me fix my install glitch.:up:

l3th4l 09-21-07 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Limerick
Ok....did a complete fresh reinstall (complete with all the insurance reboots and defrag with each step along the way)....

Loaded up the game and....

BINGO.......works great!:cool:

Thank you again for all your guys hard work and for helping me fix my install glitch.:up:

i'm pretty sure you could have avoided this - next time just check if you have any old copies/backups in your folder. my guess is you've made a backup of the camera.dat and left it somewhere inside sh4's folder structure. The game seems so load anything it finds and gets twitchy if there's something twice even if it's named differently and maybe even in a different folder.

tater 09-21-07 01:12 PM

The game looks for the node names within the dats as long as they are in the right folder I think.

Look at the way it finds a gun, for example.

You can make a new dat, for example, guns_and_radars_100000.dat (.sim/.zon too). Make a gun called uber_gun. If you add uber_gun in eqp, it WILL show.

So that might be the cause of issues.

tater