SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   SH4 U-Boat Missions Add On (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   U-Boat Addon not good. (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=132204)

otto69 03-03-08 04:06 PM

U-Boat Addon not good.

After loading the new addon and playing , I have come to conclusion that I will stay with GMX. The problems I found are ; area at bases where I start are shallow. And the mission had only 2 enemy ships. Then at Rabul, I unloaded the cargo and headed back. Again over very shallow water with a constant reminder that the water was shallow. I came upon 2 more eenemy ships that I sunk. Both sinkings were at night, and the visual was very dark so I attacked on the surface. The larger tanker had deck guns and gave me alot of greif before sinking it. The second one was a small cargo that had no deck gun. Then I started a new American carrer and it was awfull, as I no longer had ROW, NSM, and RSRD as I had unloaded them as they do not work with V1.5. So I am going to uninstall the addon and go back to V 1.4 and install all of the mods that work with it. Berhaps, the modders will fix their mods for V 1.5 or some one will fix V 1.5 like GMX2.0 {soon to be 2.1} Sorry to be so long winded,however, I am not happy with this addon.

Otto:damn:

AVGWarhawk 03-03-08 04:14 PM

OK.

Laffertytig 03-03-08 04:30 PM

i dont have the addon yet but from what u say u dont like the addon because mods wont work with it?

seems a tad harse

joejccva 03-03-08 04:43 PM

The mods do in fact work with it.

ROW
TMaru 1.7.6
RSRDC v310
NSM 4.0

Confused at your post.....

MONOLITH 03-03-08 04:44 PM

I thought RSRD for 1.5 was either already out, or imminent.

And didn't Ducimus just post that retirement sucked and he would return to rejuvinate TM?

It seems everyday the current mods are popping up with 1.5 versions.

Hang in there and give it a little time.

badaboom 03-03-08 04:52 PM

I found I couldn't use ROW free cam mod with 1.5.my Hydrophone station would disappear.

Frenssen 03-03-08 05:27 PM

I think the addon has great promise. If only someone capable of it could fix that hydrophone picking up contacts on the surface every 5 mins. The enormous amount of traffic in the campaign files I can modify myself, but I hope someone can have a look at that über hydrophone.

Xantrokoles 03-03-08 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by badaboom
I found I couldn't use ROW free cam mod with 1.5.my Hydrophone station would disappear.

tested the same, and my radar-camera has bugs:doh:

tater 03-03-08 06:18 PM

Posting in bold not good.

;)

longam 03-03-08 06:37 PM

And paragraphs are good. It’s hard to read this type of post and make since of them.

Madox58 03-03-08 06:50 PM

Jeeze!!

Sorry all us Modders can't walk away from real life jobs and such to
fix things within 20 minutes of release.
:nope:

Guess we may as well just stop modding altogether.
Since we are such Slackers and all.
:rotfl:

Schultzy 03-03-08 06:51 PM

I start [...] shallow.

:yep:

Contrarywise I find it to be a very good addon. Be like ASDIC look beneath the surface. :)

Torplexed 03-04-08 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by otto69
Both sinkings were at night, and the visual was very dark so I attacked on the surface. The larger tanker had deck guns and gave me alot of greif before sinking it.

The target had the audacity to fight back! Horrors!

I sometimes wonder what would happen to some of our stalwart subsimmers if they were actually put back in time to command an actual WW2 submarine where everyday was an exercise in frustration, unexpected surprises and mechanical problems. :roll: Jeez.

Gezoes 03-04-08 07:02 AM

What's GMX? :p

GerritJ9 03-04-08 07:02 AM

I disagree. For the first time, we have the possibility of using an IJN sub, thanks to the type IXD2 being playable. Two were taken over by the IJN after Germany's surrender in May 1945 and became I-501 and I-502. There is no "play as Japan" option, nor a Japanese speechpack or crewpack........... yet- but this is a matter of time once the mods get to work.