SUBSIM Radio Room Forums

SUBSIM Radio Room Forums (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/index.php)
-   Helosim.com and Flight Sims (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/forumdisplay.php?f=216)
-   -   DCS Black Shark (https://www.subsim.com/radioroom/showthread.php?t=148384)

Dowly 06-04-10 03:59 AM

Just check sometime the external view of how close the blades swing to each other in high speeds and you will never ignore the IAS warning again. :DL

HunterICX 06-04-10 04:05 AM

:O: I think seeying the bits fly all around me of what once was the rotor blade was enough brown underwear material to keep in mind that I'll have to keep in mind the next time.:haha:

HunterICX

Arclight 06-04-10 04:24 AM

I remember 1 time I got a warning from the LWR that some tit was painting me. I slowed down to have a look around, hard left rudder to get the threat in front. Next thing I saw was the left wing flying past the windscreen. :lol:

Last time I ever slowed down when getting a laser-warning. :yep:

Dowly 06-04-10 04:29 AM

I've started to break my blades a lot recently. :hmmm: I blame groundcrew. :yep:

SgtPotato 06-04-10 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1411165)
I've started to break my blades a lot recently. :hmmm: I blame groundcrew. :yep:

I know how you feel, Dowly. I kept breaking my rotor blades "unexpectly". :nope:

Dowly 06-04-10 08:40 AM

I think it's that now that I'm confident enough to fly the damn thing, I start to do maneuvers that I'm used to do in ArmA. :O: Hey, most of them work!... just not in those speeds I try them. :haha:

Arclight 06-04-10 10:29 AM

Running. Working on a new mission every chance I get, but is still a way from complete.

Spike88 06-04-10 11:27 AM

DCS Black Shark

After watching the video Dowly sent me, and his signature I'm in the mood to play DCS Black Shark.But I keep giving up due to frustration.

Last time I tried I had just started using my brand new rudder, which was part of the problem that made me quit. When I would take control of the helicopter the rudder pushes to one side and stays that way. If I push all the way on the other side of the rudder it'll go to the middle. I Believe it has to do with my Saitek rudder, anyone have suggestions on how to fix?

Schroeder 06-04-10 12:10 PM

Have you calibrated it under windows?

Dowly 06-04-10 12:19 PM

Mate, we got a DCS thread already, juuust under this one. :O:

HunterICX 06-04-10 12:38 PM

threads merged

HunterICX

Spike88 06-04-10 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dowly (Post 1411535)
Mate, we got a DCS thread already, juuust under this one. :O:

It actually wasn't until I posted mine that I realized I had chosen the same title. I guess I should of named mine: Black Shark Rudder Help, although the fact it's in this topic works too. :haha:

@Schroeder: I think I did. I haven't touched it in over two months so I'll have to double check when I get home.

Dowly 06-04-10 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spike88 (Post 1411550)
@Schroeder: I think I did. I haven't touched it in over two months so I'll have to double check when I get home.

Yeh, better check it out. Sometimes these things might 'forget' the calibration. But atleast Saitek (joystick) can be calibrated in-game too by just moving rudder/axis' to the all extremes. :hmmm:

Arclight 06-05-10 01:05 PM

Right, mighty bored, run the sever a bit. Nothing too serious.

Dowly 06-05-10 02:40 PM

That was nice. :yeah: